Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beautiful world - low & high ... nature and her creatures
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:54 pm 

It is a sunny and bright Thursday morning and everything is packed and ready to go for our first trip to Kgalagadi. We are leaving a day earlier as planned, because Bill worked extra hours the previous day. He quickly went to work to do the final chores before he could go on leave. It is now 11h30 and he is still not here. Juvan, my grandson and I are waiting on the doorstep in anticipation when he arrives. Bill quickly changed clothes and we are on our way at 11h00. I feel like a child again. I have never had these feelings since my childhood … it is like waiting for Christmas and all the presents. :dance:

Our plan is to stay over in Kuruman and then leave for Augrabies the next morning. In Kuruman we decide not to stay where I have booked for the night, as there were people having a very ‘loud’ party at the place. :roll: We are driving through Kuruman to a place where a very kind lady told us to go. About 16km out of Kuruman, on the way to Upington, we arrive at this beautiful and very peaceful lodge. Kudus are greeting us at the gate entrance! Wow … what a beginning for our holiday! :dance: :clap:

Bill and I are discussing our misjudging of timing and came to the conclusion we must give Augrabies a miss … as we need at least two days there. :wall: Remember this is our first trip to this part of our country.

Next episode to follow: (Sorry no pics yet)

Post subject: Re: Beautiful world - low & high ... nature and her creatures
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:59 am 

It is Friday morning and we are enjoying a delicious breakfast and the lodge personnel are so friendly.
They will definitely see us again … soon. :clap:

We are leaving for Upington, not knowing where we are going to stay for the night. Here we ask for places, but everything is fully booked! :wall:
Stress is sneaking up on us and we decide if we must sleep in the veldt, we will make turns to sit guard. I phone Twee Rivieren with the hope there might be a cancellation, but they are fully booked due to the Rangers having their Indaba there.

Maybe there will be something on the way to Twee Rivieren, I said to Bill hopefully. :pray: In Ashkam we notice camping and chalet facilities. Bill knocks, walks around the house … NOBODY!!! What now? :big_eyes:

(No photos yet ... but with the next episode, I promise there will be some photos)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]