Skip to Content

Nthandanyathi bird hide

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Elsa

Re: Nthandanyathi bird hide

Unread postby Elsa » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Moira, we love visiting this hide and usually do so each year when we are in the area.
but often in May it has, and I suspect it may very well be so this time with the limited rainfall, very little water or even be bone dry.

According to my book of Kruger names, its a Zulu word - Ntanda-nyathi - (the waterhole) preferred by Buffalo.

As you will read there have been some extremely interesting sightings there over the years.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Please add your vote in the Website Community Choice Award

Moira de Swardt

Unread postby Moira de Swardt » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Thank you. The information is much appreciated as is the correction about the spelling of the name. I am glad others find it as charming as I do.
Addo Elephant National Park 14 -16 July 2014 (well, the morning of the 17th, really)
KNP Sable Hide 21 December 2014
KNP Letaba 22 - 26 December 2014
KNP Lower Sabie 25 April to 3 May 2015

saraf

Unread postby saraf » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:58 pm

We had a lovely sighting of an ellie there last week. He walked around the hide (and sent people in the car park running for cover) crossed the river a bit downstream, then proceeded to walk along the opposite bank giving everyone in the hide opportunities for photos. I'll post some photos when I sort them out.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”