Skip to Content

Biyamiti

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Stephens.L
Guru
Guru

Re: Biyamiti Bushveld Camp

Unread postby Stephens.L » Fri May 31, 2013 8:34 am

carocat wrote:We are staying in Biyamiti in July, and would like to request No 7 or 9. I have tried calling the listed telephone number , and have left a message, but am not sure if my request has been successful.
Is there perhaps an email address that is active that I could try sending my request.
As we are there for 5 night's I really would like one of the chalet's with the view
Just cant wait !!!!

Dear Carocat

Please note that you can reach Biyamiti Bushcamp on 013 735 6171 alternatively you can email the following staff members: ezekiel.manyathele@sanparks.org; gordon.ramsden@sanparks.org or jerry.magale@sanparks.org.

Enjoy your stay in the park
Regards

Stephens Ledwaba
Communications and Marketing Department
Kruger National Park
+27 (0)13 735 4116
stephens.ledwaba@sanparks.org

lynbru

Biyamiti

Unread postby lynbru » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Visited Biyamiti camp over the weekend. New furniture and curtains - well done KNP/SANPARKS! What a nice surprise!

cheetah2111
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Re: Biyamiti

Unread postby cheetah2111 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:19 am

If only Biyamiti had wheelchair friendly units :(
Kruger 2014!!!

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!

DinkyBird

Unread postby DinkyBird » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:29 pm

All you Biyamiti fans, which NCO2+2V is the best one to stay in? And which is second best?
Sawubona
Dalene

Pumbaa
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Pumbaa » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:23 am

Hi DB,

the NCO2+2V in Biyamiti are all great with lovely views into the riverbed although for me No. 8 is our favourite as same is a bit more open and not overgrown by large trees and same is a bit closer to the hide. :dance: Disadvantage the braai is farer away from the bungalow than from the others.

No. 3, 4 + 5 are nevertheless lovely too. :thumbs_up:

leander09

Honeymoon in Kruger, Biyamiti in Oct.

Unread postby leander09 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:05 am

Good Day All

I am looking for some advice and ideas please.

We are going on honeymoon in OCT to Byamiti for 4 nights. We visit the park reguarly but it is our first time to Biyamiti. I want make it more special then the usual normal visit.

I am planning on going on a Night Drive and maybe morning walk. Is there anything else that members can recommend we do that will make it extra special and feel like a honeymoon and not just a normal Kruger holiday?

Thank you
KNP the Home away from home. . .

Afriphile

Re: Honeymoon in Kruger, Biyamiti in Oct.

Unread postby Afriphile » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Congratulations!!!
Only my opinion but We much prefer the sunset drives over full night drives.
Have done both from Biyamiti and with the sunset drive you get the best of the day,sunset,then about 1 hour of night drive back.
Also explore the camp as the birding can be very good,and we have seen plenty of game in the riverbed ,including a leopard,from the fence.
The bush is thick in the area,but at least in October it should have died right back.We have never walked there,but have done plenty of times from other camps and can highly recommend it.
Have a great time,my favourite camp,there in July.

AndreaB

Unread postby AndreaB » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:35 pm

gjorgi wrote:Hi everyone!! Does anyone know who the guide is that does the sunset drives from Biyamiti? Am going to be in Biyamiti from 22 May until 25 May and would like to do a drive from there. Would be interesting to know beforehand who the guide is and what the forumites' experience with him has been. Thanks!! :roll:

We did the sunset drive in Feb (there is no night drive) and we had a fabulous guide by the name of Simon who was the best guide we have ever had. His knowledge and humour made our drive an absolute highlight of our holiday!

squirrel81

Re: SKUKUZA: Semi Luxury riverside - East or West?

Unread postby squirrel81 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Dear all,

we will do our second Kruger trip this year in October 14. I can`t wait.
Last time in Feb/March 14 we were caught by the heavy rains and couldn`t visit all our booked Bushveld Camps. That was such a pitty.

Next Oct./Nov. I hope we will be lucky to enjoy again the beautiful bushveld camps. One of them will be Biyamti. We visited the camp a long long time ago. So I need a little help.
We have booked a Guest Cottage NGC5V , with a river view.
My question : Are all Guest Cottages are equipped with new furniture and curtains, are the bathrooms upgraded ?
I thought to follow your advice under the topic "best unit numbers" and ask for unit 7 or 1.
Someone else also recommended No. 9, but if you look onto the map of Biyamti the distance between 9 and the river looks quite far.
What would you suggest ?

Many thank in advance, greetings, Brigitte

:gflower:
Next trip 2015 :dance:
14 - 17.09 Shimuvini, 17 - 20.09 Shingwe
20 - 23.09 Punda, 23- 26.09 Mopane
26 - 28.09. Olifants, 28.09 - 01.10 Satara
01 - 03.10 Talamati, 12 - 14.10 Skukuz
14 - 17.10 Biyamiti, 17 - 20.10 Lower Sabie
20 - 23.10 Berg & Dal

SeanP
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Requesting specific Accommodation.

Unread postby SeanP » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:50 am

Biyamiti is certainly one of my favourite camps and I love Unit 15.
It has no view of the river but is all the way on the end and is surrounded by bush.
It even has a private little pathway that runs down to the fence overlooking the river.
Walking down this path with a few drinks in hand and sitting on some of our camping chairs in that little corner has been spectacular.
We have had Leopard, Lions patrolling, Lions killing buffalo and Elephants right in front of us not to mention all the general game.

As far as the renovations are concerned, we have stayed in almost every unit over the last 2 years and they are all well maintained.
Some are missing the new furniture.
To be honest it doesn't really matter as their camp manager is doing a great job and you know that whichever unit you get will be in good condition.

For the river view I also like number 1, as it too is on the end a a little more private.
Although on my last visit it was a bit overgrown and the river not so visible - I did not mind as I love the bush and privacy it affords.

Unfortunately we were evacuated in January 2013 from Biyamiti and then again in 2014. January and February are my personal favourite times to visit Kruger but I may reconsider and change that to November before the heavy rains hit.

Cannot wait for my next trip to Biyamiti!

Regards,

Sean

suebfly

Unread postby suebfly » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:59 pm

We have just visited Biyamiti and LOVED it. We had unit NO 1. Very private as it is next to the fence. not too far away from the front fence either. We were woken by a leopard one morning and the second night the only sound we could hear was an elephant eating. There are two bird baths in front of the cottage with loads of different birds visiting if you put water in. Two little gennets visited us each night. A very special place

leander09

Unread postby leander09 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:54 pm

I would just like to complement the staff of Biyamiti. Especially Gordon Ramsden and Surprise Hlatshwayo.

We are always quick to point out the bad service including me but forget sometimes to acknowledge the good or great service.

The have helped me planned our honeymoon and even phoned me to finalize the arrangements. They have only be friendly and helpful from the time we started.

Can not wait to get their in October.

I would just like to congratulate Sanparks on these two staff members. They are really great.
KNP the Home away from home. . .

Lepardfan
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Lepardfan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Well done Biyamiti camps Gordon Ramsden and Surprise Hlatshwayo. :clap:

So true people sometimes forget to give due credit.

Hope you guys have a wonderfull honeymoon, can't think of any better place to have ones honeymoon.
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~George Washington Carver

One day closer to my next visit

lindyfeneysey

Re: Nelspruit to Malelane

Unread postby lindyfeneysey » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:45 pm

Biyamiti is my favourite camp - love the peace & quiet &'the wildlife viewing you can do with the river right on your doorstep. Have sat & watched around 40 elephants feeding, playing &'mud bathing in the river; saw lions feeding on a kill right outside the perimeter fence. No need to go out of the camp to see wildlife. :)

surpriseh

Biyamiti Bushveld camp river view

Unread postby surpriseh » Sat May 30, 2015 1:21 pm

I spotted a male Kudu and a herd of elephants drinking water in the river in front of unit 9 and Bird hide!! awesome sightings!!!!
Last edited by barryels on Sat May 30, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rhino location

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”