Skip to Content

Requesting specific Accommodation.

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
inyanga 1
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Requesting specific Accommodation.

Unread postby inyanga 1 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:12 am

brewersfriend wrote:We have reserved BD2U (bungalows) at Lower Sabie they were made at 4 separate times ( made when they became available) but now all grouped under one Reservation number - will we be given just the one bungalow or will we have to move around?
As clear as mud -eh!

we had this issue when we extended our stay in matamata adding an extra day from nossob.

At a quiet time on reservations we dropped the two matamata bookings thus freeing them up for booking en bloc a minute later.

As Elsa points out the camps are pretty good at optimising the chalet usage. When you arrive just check the allocation period covers all four days. Since the person who could be allocated them isn't there yet it won't be a problem....you could of course email them nearer the time. :whistle:
Launch page for 2015 Cape to Namibia trip reports ..
http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?&t=85498
WYSIWIT - Photos aren't photoshop'd except for mono, sepia & cropping

iLoveMeerkats!

Re: Requesting specific Accommodation.

Unread postby iLoveMeerkats! » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:51 pm

brewersfriend wrote:We have reserved BD2U (bungalows) at Lower Sabie they were made at 4 separate times ( made when they became available) but now all grouped under one Reservation number - will we be given just the one bungalow or will we have to move around?
As clear as mud -eh!

I would suggest that you email them and point out that you don't want to move. We had the same issue once at Olifants and they had us in 2 different places. We just happened to stop by the camp a couple of weeks prior to our stay and checked with reception. The kind woman there spent quite a bit of time moving things around so that we didn't have to change - had we waited until our arrival date, I don't think she would have been able to do that. Better safe than sorry. I have learned it is best never to assume anything. :)

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”