Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2013)

Re: Sirheni Bushveld Camp

Unread postby RosemaryH » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:24 pm

Wildkyker, I love Sirheni :D

We were there at the beginning of September. Sadly the dam is no longer, the floods removed the wall. There were still some puddles of water around though. There might have been some rain since so there might be a little more water around. Be sure to walk along the boundary fence, there are some wonderful views along the way.

The staff are great and will be happy to show you the two white faced scops owls behind reception.

We heard lion every night and one was pretty close to the fence the one night.

It's a good place.

I will find a pic or two to post. :thumbs_up:
Rose
Please read the green gate permit you will receive on entry to the park and stick to the rules.
Remember By Feeding Any Wildlife You Are Signing Their Death Warrant, As They Become Aggressive.

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby RosemaryH » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi widkyker

As promised... I am sure it will be a lot greener by the time you get there. Hope you have a wonderful time.

No. 11

view from No.11 - showing a little water

view from the fence around no.2 (if I remember correctly)
Rose
Please read the green gate permit you will receive on entry to the park and stick to the rules.
Remember By Feeding Any Wildlife You Are Signing Their Death Warrant, As They Become Aggressive.

mizzbee
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby mizzbee » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:46 pm

I was in Unit no. 6 in August. There was very little water but quite a bit outside the hide near Unit No 1.

The elephants visited three out of the four days I was there. I saw Elephant chasing Buffalo and vice versa.

The Mphongolo loop nearby is fabulous but you needn’t leave Sirheni because the animals come and go throughout the day.

Reception

Buffalo on the opposite bank

Water outside Unit No. 1

You will have an awesome time.
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

Die Groot Krokodil

Unread postby Die Groot Krokodil » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi,

I've got plans to visit Sirheni in early May this year and would just like to get an update from anyone that has been there recently:
- has there been much rainfall in the north this summer to date?
- how much water in the river outside camp?
- what is the condition of the bush in the area?
- any resident animals around camp I should be aware of?

Many thanks
DGK

Graeme & Nicky

Unread postby Graeme & Nicky » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:16 am

MATTHYS wrote:
Graeme & Nicky wrote:Hi, all Shireni go'ers,

SO and I are contemplating spending 5 days over Christmas there
this year, And we have a question:

How big is the allocated compartment in the big freezers?

Can it take 10 days worth of meat, or will we need to leave the park to
re-stock on the way down to Satara?

Thanks in advance.

Each cottage is allotted a freezer storage basket and that was big enough for us for 8 days worth of meat, Graeme & Nicky.
Have a wonderful time at Sirheni :D . We just loved how well equipped the kitchen is and how well maintained our cottage.

Thank you very much for this information, It has definitely set our minds at ease.
Booking time approaches soon :dance: :dance:
No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

judithlorraine123

Unread postby judithlorraine123 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:54 pm

hi there, we´ll, be visiting the camp in mid-may. they seem NOT to be offering bush walks anymore at the mo...what a great pity...any one know if this is just temporary? I´d also read (several times) on another well known Forum that people are suffering (last year april, may, june) very badly with mozzies and (worse) sandflies. they do tend to leave me alone, but attack my SO with a vengence. any comment, any tips? thx

alf

Unread postby alf » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi Judith,

We stayed there on saturday and didn't see any mozzies or sandflies. I must say the camp are well looked after but sadly without any water infront of the units the camp for me are not the same anymore. Patrick at reception told me sanparks has no plans of rebuilding the dam wall which for me will be the downfall of Sirheni.
Made my booking for Desember 2014!! Whoohoo

shrew

Unread postby shrew » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Hi all

I have booked at Sirheni for 4 days in July , does anyone know if there is water in the river in front of the bungalows?

Thank you

judithlorraine123

Unread postby judithlorraine123 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:16 pm

hi there, we were there mid-may. there was still some water around....but things were looking very dry already. beautiful camp with a wonderful atmosphere and our favourite of the trip. top marks to the sirheni team for keeping everything immaculate and letting us know in advance of any small problems. paul (duty managar) was an exceptional host and an absolutley superb and very experienced and knoweldable guide. you´ll love sirheni.

leervis
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby leervis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:20 am

Even without the water in front of the camp Sirheni is great, well kept, wonderful area and great drives. It is a true bush camp, very different to Shimuwini with it's rolling lawns and swimming pool. Still my favourite bush camp and really looking forward to our next visit in September.
26 - 29 August Balule
30 August - 1 September Sirheni
2 - 5 September Tsendze

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”