Bateleur Bushveld Camp

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Leaping Lizards
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Bateleur Bushveld Camp

Unread postby Leaping Lizards » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:41 am

Dear Anne Catherine

Just to reply to your concern on walking to the hide. I do not think that you will have a problem. It’s a wide path to the hide, the bushes you will walk passed are thick, but due to the path being so wide, you can avoid them quite comfortably. (Please note, there are 2 routes to the hide, one along the fences which even in the dry months was very overgrown with bush and trees, the other via the “main road” in the camp which goes passed the conference centre. This is the one you should take)

We were there in September, and there are 2 waterholes at the hide, the one is very very close to the hide, and it is the one that seems to be more popular with birds. So if you are going for the birds, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

As for upkeep, I can only comment on our unit which was number 3. Everything was ok, new furniture on veranda, bathrooms do look a little tired, but we had no problems at all.
Addo Safari Tents - 20, 21 April '15
Karoo National Park 22,23 April '15

Elsa

Re: Bateleur Bushveld Camp

Unread postby Elsa » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Sitting on our veranda last visit we were well entertained by the antics of all the little tree squirrels, running around, playing and unfortunately begging! :roll:
but we did enjoy our stay here and I recall the camp manager went around to every chalet each night to enquire whether everything was OK, such a nice touch. 8)
We also spent a good few hours in the hide and just enjoyed watching the birds coming down to drink.
Had a Verreaux's Eagle Owl sitting in the tree opposite.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Kruger - 22nd May - 5th June 2015

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”