SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Tamboti Satellite Camp
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:51 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

catman wrote:

The one big issue I had is the monkeys. They are now getting out of hand. We locked our tent closed all windows. Alas they tore open the windows got into the tent and ate a couple of hundreds of rands worth of food. It is unfortunately time Parks Board does something about this growing plague which also has affected picnic spots as well. They really need to be relocated somewhere else. I feel I should be able to site on patio and leave whatever I want there without having to worry about monkeys that will come and steal whatever they can.

But one bad day in Kruger beats a good day anyone else. Cant wait to book next trip.

Hi Catman, we must have been at Tamboti around the same time. We were in No.21, non luxury.

A suggestion that may help you for further trips that worked a treat for us...

All fridge stuff obviously went in fridge and then we bolted the cage closed. The rest of our groceries were kept in a deep plastic 'ammo box', with the lid securely in place. That was put on one of the shelves in the other side of the cage, with cage door shut and we then put a cable tie around the bolt when we went out, or at night. We had no trouble at all.

As far as Mr Honey Badger went, all our recyclable and non-recyclable items were put in the respective bins at the kitchens and we only had one night when he came crashing and banging and that was the night we forgot to take the refuse up.

I think we also need to remember that the wild is the wild and we are on their turf. The problems have arisen because we humans have gone and fed them in the first place, but I can imagine how irritating it must have been for you. :slap: :slap:

As far as hyenas go Leo21, we did have 2 pass our tent in the river bed at dusk one evening, but not seen again and not on the road. There were lots of leopard/lion/wild dog and jackal sightings, so yes maybe they feel the competition is a bit tight. :lol:

December 2015/2016 in Kruger - From Top to Tail
17 - 19 Punda Maria
20 - 22 Shingwedzi
23 - 25 Letaba
26 - 01 Tamboti
02 - 03 Skukuza
04 - 06 Lower Sabie

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:09 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

It's been many years sins our last visit to Tamboti.

We are so excited to visit that beautiful camp once again beginning of May. We requested number 19 so and got an reply that we got it, so yeah.... :clap: Our first stay in this tent. Can't wait to see the view from the deck. 8)

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:22 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2013)
:dance: :dance: 8) Excited for you roaneric. :dance: :dance: Hoping the view will be good, I am sure you will share it with us :D Enjoy!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17