S25 Crocodile River Road

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Carol g
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Re: S25 Crocodile River Road

Unread postby Carol g » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:59 pm

The S25 had been very kind to us, in May we saw two sightings of Cheetah, a leopard and 8 wild dogs in one morning
Those who have no love in there hearts for animals, have no love in there hearts at all

ROTTWEILER

Unread postby ROTTWEILER » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:08 pm

I have driven this road half a dozen times without the luck that some people seem to have had . However , south of Skukuza , this is still one of two of my favourite roads in the south section of the Kruger Park . I enjoy the scenery , the river and the way the road flows from east to west ( or west to east ) . The other plus is that there is never a lot of traffic on it so if you do come across something interesting , you will have it to yourself for some time . As stated earlier , it is not a drive that has brought me great sightings but once I was very fortunate to see something very exciting . It was in view for all of 4 seconds as it crossed in front of my car , and only 10 meters in front of me . The Brown Hyena . I did notice that someone else saw the same thing a few years ago , however if you rush down to drive this road to see my Brown Hyena , do not bother , as my sighting was in 1989 .

Lepardfan
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Lepardfan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Please help with a little advice.

We only have one day :wall: :wall: in Kruger this coming Saturday the 4th of July. We are staying in Marloth Park. Since I traveled this road last in the early 2000's would you recommend BnD to CB or the other way around? :roll:
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~George Washington Carver

One day closer to my next visit

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:39 pm

If you intend to leave early morning at sunrise I think CB to B & D would be the way to go, the sun will be behind you and not in your eyes.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Lepardfan
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Lepardfan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:49 am

Thank you Elsa, my thoughts exactly.

We are planning to make a breakfast stop at Afsaal. Would you recommend doing the whole S25, or take the S118 towards Afsaal's direction? So many options for just one day. :mrgreen:
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~George Washington Carver

One day closer to my next visit

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:35 am

If you are planning on stopping at Afsaal, I would do the S119/8 and even the H2-2 which comes out right before the picnic site.
We found the S114 very corrugated in places in June.

Reynald

Unread postby Reynald » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi,

I will take next month the S25 from Berg-en-Dal to Lower Sabie. Is this still a dirt road, and is it in good condition?

My wife has a neck problem, and I try to avoid driving too long on dirt roads particularly if they are not in good condition!

Thanks for help and kind regards Reynald

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:00 pm

Reynald, it is a dirt road and I can only comment on how it was early June this year and it did have patches of corrugations, but overall not too bad.
We found the S114 much worse so in your case to be avoided.
but others who have driven it more recently might have more up to date info.

Reynald

Unread postby Reynald » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:42 pm

Elsa, many thanks and best wishes. Reynald

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”