Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Tsendze Rustic Camp
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:46 pm 

Good day,

In anticipation of my first visit/stay at Tsendze in April this year, I would like to pose the following question (unfortunately I do not have the time to browse through the whole Tsendze topic and this most probably has been answered in here somewhere - please bear with me, thanx)

I am aware that there is no electricity at Tsendze and I am rigged with dual battery & solar, but for convenience sake (and back-up), I need to get clarity on the availability of a freezer (communal) at Tsendze??
Is there such a facility where one could possibly keep a packet or three frozen (ice also maybe) or is it a 'rustic legend'?? :? :?

Is the water at Tsendze fit for human consumption or should I bring bottled water along (we are used to unbottled water??)

In anticipation of accurate replies regarding the above - first prize would be Robert(??)'s answer.

Thanks in advance.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:57 pm 
Guru
Guru

Jaco V wrote:
Hi Uys, welcome to the Forum! Apology that I am not Rodgerh :wink:

The answer to both your questions are yes. There are communal freezers that you can use. The water is also fit for human consumption, you dont need to cart bottled water along.
:)
Thanks for your help Jaco V,you really know well your place Jaco,@ Uys we do have good things at Tsendze,two kitchens and two Ablutions,out showers both side,each kitchen there is a freezer,you very welcome to come and enjoy your place,Tsendze is always here for you

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:10 am 

Rodger,

Thank you for the reply and I am aware that Tsendze has many good things things to offer, hence our exitement to visit your camp. According to the forum you are also doing a splendid job in keeping the camp one of the best in Kruger!!! Great!! Really looking forward to experience the Tsendze hospitality!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

We reserved sites 27 & 28 via Sydwel (spelling??) at Mopani. I wll be camping in an off-road trailer, but our friends are in a large Vista motorhome. Will they be able to access either one of stands 27 or 28 with the motorhome or do I need to make alternative arrangements??

Kind regards

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:29 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Uys wrote:
Jaco,
Thank you for the prompt reply, appreciate!
Regards.

:thumbs_up:

rodgerh wrote:
:)
Thanks for your help Jaco V,you really know well your place Jaco

Only a pleasure Rodgerh! I need to to come visit your beautiful camp again. It has been more than a year since we were last there. It is one of my favorites and we always enjoy talking to you when you do your rounds after gate closing.
Keep up the good work!

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:51 pm 
Guru
Guru

bosboytjie wrote:
Morning Rodger

We are booked to visit Tsendze from 29 March to 5 April, stand no 3, we are very excited to visit Tsendze again, it's been a year now and we recon that it is high time again.

How is the weather at Tsendze, i have been following the flood reports posted by SANPARKS but did not see anything about Tsendze. We hope you are still in good shape and not that much affected by all the rain the last weeks.

Regards

Thanks for sending this message,Tsendze during the rain everything was great Bosboytjie,we will also very happy to see you again at your lovely camp,I will be waiting for you at the camp on your arrival date,and also owls to show you to enjoy the Rustic campsite

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:58 am 
Guru
Guru

DinkyBird wrote:
Hi Rodger!

I see on facebook the mopani worms are back?

Yes Dalene,it was only one warm I saw,the rest has been eaten by birds

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:33 pm 

For me, 3 nights would be perfect at Tsendze. The peace and tranquility of the campsite at night is something special! The roads around there are typical of the mixed Mopani-and grass veld that you get in that area. Finding game can be a bit of a effort some times, particularly after a periods of good rain. I have found the road leading via all the Nshawu's up the eastern side towards Shingwedzi to be quite good, and have seen a variety of the scarcer antelope in that area. The Capricorn loop in that area has been quite productive for me in the past as well, although the closing of some of the water holes might affect that.
I like that area, because the vehicle traffic tends to be quite limited.
There might not be as many driving options as around some of the bigger camps, but, like all the parts of the park, it depends on what you make of that which is on offer.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:53 pm 
Guru
Guru

Good evening everyone,great people,I wanted to say that we still have owls here at Tsendze rutstic campsite,I also have some pics to show you when you arrive at the campsite,Tsendze Rustic Campsite is always here for you great people,come and feel the bush with us,and please remember to bring your camera :cam: with you to take our nature home,I always love you all great people.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:55 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

We had a great stay at Tsendze and camped on stand 23. Stand 24 was open the whole time because a Boomslang had his/her winter snooze in a hole in a tree on 24. We could see its body and sometimes he/she had a look outside as well. Our little one named it "Christo". :lol:

Is the snake still there Rodger?

(Great seeing you again Rodger and Elina)

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:20 pm 

You can do a request via Mopani camp and maybe just ask for one of the larger stands with easier access.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:45 pm 

IBmit wrote:
kiyasmum wrote:
How do we book a particular stand? We are coming to the camp in September and have booked but, have not asked for a particular stand. We will be driving a Vista motor home and will need a stand easy to get on and off.

Thanks

Your best bet would be 27 or 28.

Thanks but how do I go about making sure I get stand 27 or 28?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:26 pm 

Best to email Mopani and give them 3 options from most preferred and two others should that already be booked, and your reservation number. Tell them why you want a certain type of stand.

Contact details are here:- http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/camps/camp-tel.php

Camp map here

27 and 28 are big stands and easily accessible.

We love 3, but it is a bit of a squeeze.

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Post subject: Advice on possible sites for a tent
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:07 pm 

Hey all!

I am counting down the days till my long awaited break-away! 5-14 Aug 2014!!

Have 3 nights in Maroela
3 Nights in Shingwedzi
And most importantly 4 nights in Tsendze

I will be camping in a tent and was just wondering if anybody had a few suggestions on a possible site for Tsendze.
I can't remember the site number from my last years trip, it was great though, so will try find that one first on my way to Mopani.

But would appreciate any suggestions.

Also on my first two camps, if anyone knows of good sites for a tent?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:43 pm 

Site no 3 for Tsendze - especially if you are tenting. No doubt in my mind :D We have stayed in it before. Faces the fence and is very private. You should try and reserve a site asap.

For the other two, I suggest getting to the camps around 9am. Most campers pack up and move off early in the day and that is usually when the best sites are open. We always go for a fence site if we can.

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13