Skip to Content

Tsendze Rustic Camp

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Boslaaitie

Re: Tsendze Rustic Camp

Unread postby Boslaaitie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Reg knott halo. How is campsite 13? Do u maybe have n pic of it? Can anybody tell me how site 23,24,27,28 is? Some shade and can n caravan fit in there? thanx alot. Cant wait for next year july

PNF
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby PNF » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:40 am

Hi Boslaaitie

Site 27 is large with good shade for a caravan. We camped there in May/June with our large caravan and had no hassles getting in and out. Site 28 is smaller but when we left it was "home" to a Jurgens Exclusive which fitted onto the stand. Some years ago, we also parked on that stand - it was also easy to get in and out. Both stands are on the fence and close to Ablutions; there are taps between 26 and 27 and between 29 and 30.

Sorry, can't help with the other sites.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin

Us and The Ant:
Shingwedzi 20 - 24 Aug
Tsendze 24 Aug - 5 Sept

Boslaaitie

Unread postby Boslaaitie » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:55 am

thanx alot PNF. I have site 13 but would like to be along the fence. 3 and 26 was already taken so will find out about 27. we are also going with a exclusive. will phone them in a moment and find out.

Boslaaitie

Unread postby Boslaaitie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:24 pm

GOOD DAY

Site changed from 13 to 24. I like to camp next to the fence. does anyone have some info of site 24 please? Is it big enough for a caravan. Is there some shade and how far is it fro the fence.

thanx alot..... :lol: :mrgreen:

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:35 pm

Boslaatjie, have you had a look at the Camping sites ?

Also on page 4 of this topic.

bernhardj wrote:Rodger, what do you think of site 23 & 24. We will be two families camping there in July. Is there a lot of shade and space? How far is it from the fence. Thanks

Rodgerh wrote:Thanks for your lovely question bernardj ,23 n 24 is not bad at all
is a good sites for two families, nice trees with a nice shade, you will enjoy it,you can also see the fence from there.

Lots of great info and advice in the topic. :thumbs_up:
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

PRWIN

Unread postby PRWIN » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi Boslaaitie,

Number 24 is in the corner towards Rodger's house and Mooiplaas picnic area. Its very shady and if I am not wrong it should not be a problem.

Our first few nights will be #27 (27-28 June) and then #3 from 30 June to 11 July 2015. We will see you there then in 8 months time. :wink: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Currently no campsite available for the 29 June and waiting for a cancellation unless some-one is prepared to house 3 squatters?

rodgerh
Guru
Guru

Unread postby rodgerh » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:28 am

leervis wrote:Welcome back on the forum Rodger. I would like to thank you and Elina for all that you do in Tsendze and especially for helping me fold and pack my ground sheet. I have talked my wife into camping and we will be with you next August. She will drive you owl mad!

You welcome Leevis,I was also very much happy to see you again,please also it will be also nice to see your family again here at Tsendze,the owls will be waiting for her,I hope she still remember me from Shimuwini bush camp,and it will be so lovely to see her here at Tsendze.

@ Tessa,thanks very much,I will be looking forwad to see next year December,2015 is just around the corner,have a great time for now out there.
NO BABOONS AND VERVET MONKEYS AT TSENDZE RUSTIC CAMPSITE,ONLY OWLS IN THE CAMPSITE,AFRICAN SCOPS AND BARRED OWLETS, ,[rodgerh]H stand for Hobyane,full names Rodgers Hobyane :)

Nkulu
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Nkulu » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:22 pm

This thread and various trip reports have inspired me to secure 4 nights over Xmas :dance:
Now which site would you recommend for an "Older" woman all on her own (I love fences and might prefer to be closer to the ablutions at night) :redface:
PS I have not pitched a tent in ten years :lol: so guess who will have some practice runs :redface:
Nkulu

I am a free spirit...Either admire me from the ground. Or fly with me...But don't ever try to cage me.

Tamboti 26 to 28 December 2015
Shingwedzi 29 to 31 December 2015
still a work in progress :o

leervis
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby leervis » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:47 pm

Nkulu, as an older, 69, person who has not camped for around 20 years, I also did the practice thing. It is a good idea! Tsendze is a marvelous camp and the two people who look after it, Rodger and Elina do a wonderful job. Most sites have a fence close but if you look at the Google view map earlier on this thread it might help you. You can book a site by emailing Mopani camp. I had 26 which was great, and it looked like 27, 28, 29 and 30 were all on the fence. Enjoy your visit!
26 - 29 August Balule
30 August - 1 September Sirheni
2 - 5 September Tsendze

9 - 12 November Punda Camping
13 November Letaba Safari Tent
14 - 17 Balule Camping

rodgerh
Guru
Guru

Unread postby rodgerh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:49 pm

MikeP wrote:Hi prwin. Thanks for the map. Also looking forward to June next year. Am at Tsendze from 25 - 29 June (site 29). Also looking forward to meeting you Rodger and Elina. This will be our first camping trip in Kruger. Have stayed in Kruger bungalows since a laaitie (1965/66). Oops giving away my age. Anyway, my last visit to Kruger was in 2011 and stayed at Skukuza, Satara and Lower Sabie. Last 2 years have been to Kgalagadi. Looking forward to meeting you guys in one of the most awesome surroundings.

You very welcome MikeP,we lookking forward to see you MikeP,come and enjoy the Rustic,Don't forget your :cam: to take the owls in the camp,enjoy where you are by now MikeP,we all loves you.I was on leave I also arrived on the 14th here at Tsendze,am back on duty now.
NO BABOONS AND VERVET MONKEYS AT TSENDZE RUSTIC CAMPSITE,ONLY OWLS IN THE CAMPSITE,AFRICAN SCOPS AND BARRED OWLETS, ,[rodgerh]H stand for Hobyane,full names Rodgers Hobyane :)

Rolypoly

Unread postby Rolypoly » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:25 pm

Rodger - hope you have a fantastic birthday and that all the campers at Tsendze spoil you!!
May this be a good year, enjoy your birthday. Roland and Lana de Beer

rodgerh
Guru
Guru

Unread postby rodgerh » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:07 am

:rtm: :thumbs_up: to all great people,I have seen your great words of wishing me a happy birthday,you have also made my day very special,I really appreciate of what you have done for me,I can also send to each of you, the blessing of our God father :thumbs_up: :dance: from me Rodgerh is to say I love you great people,one last words,am going home for my days off on the 15th,back on the 26 on duty again,have a great time out the we still need to see you here at Kruger,as you know that Kruger National Park is for you great people,come and enjoy the nature,

We still don't have Baboons and Monkeys here at Tsendze,your food will belong to you only,not sharing with them as we don't have them,come and enjoy the birds and owls we have in the campsite.

Boslaaitie

Unread postby Boslaaitie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:23 pm

Good afternoon... i'm deciding om a site for june holiday. wich one will you choose between 13 and 24. this is the only ones i can get for the days when we there. how far are they from the fence and is there some shade? thank u very much...

leervis
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby leervis » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:40 am

Binkieloo wrote:We are so looking forward to our first visit to Tsendze in Aug/Sep.

We have a new caravan and my son will be 15 months at the time of travel. Which site should I try and book? We love being near the fence, but I'd prefer if it's not too long a walk to the ablutions with my son.

Hi Binkieloo, look at page 8 of this topic and there is a good google earth picture of Tsendze.
26 - 29 August Balule
30 August - 1 September Sirheni
2 - 5 September Tsendze

9 - 12 November Punda Camping
13 November Letaba Safari Tent
14 - 17 Balule Camping

Binkieloo

Unread postby Binkieloo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:52 pm

I was about to post that I had sent my request, but I already have the confirmation email :D

We will be in site 27 for 30 Aug - 5 Sep 2015. YAY - can't wait!!

For anyone needing super assistance with booking, I emailed Sydwell at this email, and had a response within 5 minutes!!! :shock: Super efficient and helpful! sydwell.shirinda@sanparks.org.
The B Squared - Bianca and Brian, and Kyle too!

Kruger trip with a 15 month old in tow BOOKED! :dance:
Camping: 24 - 30 Aug: Maroela
30 Aug - 5 Sep: Tsendze - our 1st time
5 Sep - 11 Sep: Balule - our fav
11 Sep - 12 Sep: Lower Sabie :D

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”