Skip to Content

Collared Palm thrush Shingwedzi

Identify and index birds in Southern Africa

Moderator: hilda

ruthers

Collared Palm thrush Shingwedzi

Unread postby ruthers » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:51 am

Good Morning All,

I am stuck in the office and birding vicariously through my parents who are living the early summer birding high-life in Shingwedzi and Letaba for the next 10 days.

I jealously paged through my Bird Finder and Robert's last night just to remind myself what I may be missing out on! I noticed there was a chance of them seeing Collared Palm-thrush - around some of the specific Palm trees in (and presumably around) Shingwedzi. The Bird Finder Guide was quite specific and Roberts seemed to concur - with one of those enigmatically vague little RED X's denoting an "out of range" or single sighting.

Was wondering if anyone had seen the Palm-Thrush in Shingwedzi recently or could confirm if there was a reasonable chance of catching up with it in the area?

I haven't seen the bird myself - but perhaps if I can direct my Dad to this little guy - I will allow myself a satisfied smile.

Would love to hear if anyone has any specific info on the Palm-thrush - or any other interesting birding info about Shingwedzi at the moment.

The Voyeur Birder...

Johan van Rensburg
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Birder of the Year (2014)
Awards: Birder of the Year (2014) & Sighting of the Year - Birds (2013)

Re: Collared Palm thrush Shingwedzi

Unread postby Johan van Rensburg » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:56 pm

It has been a while...

See this thread
671 Latest lifer: Black coucal

Return to “Birding in Southern Africa”