View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guy Fawkes hadedas
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:22 pm 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Ranger Sprocky. :lol: :lol:

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:24 pm 

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Can't wait to ask you questions at night while sipping some golden nectar the day before an exam. :wink: :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:28 pm 

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :tongue:

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:32 pm 

Sorry about my buddy hi-jacking your thread Sneeugans, :redface: but please keep us posted on their progress. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:45 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Well if Nelspruit is anything like KZN on Guy Fawkes night, I hope for their sakes they will not hatch 'till afterwards. It sounds like a war zone here . . . . Using Sprocky's figures, it looks as thought they'll be lucky! Look forward to hearing that they are safely hatched.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:35 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Yes please do . We also have some , and I want to compare with yours - ( without hijacking your thread of course ) .

Next :
3 - 6 Sept 2013 - Punda.
7 - 10 Sept 2013 -Shingwedzi .
11 - 13 Sept 2013 - Balule .
14 - 17 Sept 2013 - Satara .

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:41 pm 

Yes I remember Guy Fawkes times when we lived in Natal, Port Shepstone and Durban, it used to be very noisy. Nelspruit, on the other hand is very quiet at that time, only a few bangs around old & new year.
The nest this year is quite open, unlike last year when it was hidden amongst the branches. We will probably see the hatchlings sooner, that is when they are still small. Will keep you posted.
Sneeugans

Satara: 6,7,8 November, hopefully B circle where the badgers play, and the owls stay

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:32 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Done some reading up on Hadedas . Usually the same pair uses the same nest , but apparently another pair can take over .
About Guy Fawkes - I remember as a kid , some neighbours used to have a huge party , with a big bon-fire . And at some stage , they chucked a big fabric doll on the fire :big_eyes: It used to give me nightmares :tongue:

Next :
3 - 6 Sept 2013 - Punda.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:06 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Well, that's what Guy Fawkes was all about more or less :wink:

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:54 pm 

Okie, it is not the same nest, last years breeders karate kicked that one to pieces. The branches and twigs were scattered all over under the tree. This years nest was built from scratch, and as I explained in my thread-[i]Breeding hadedas[i] they were very lazy when they first started. Also the perch is a bit lower this year. Today being 2 November I guess they wont be Guy Fawkes babies.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:01 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Sneeugans wrote:
Today being 2 November I guess they wont be Guy Fawkes babies.

Still a couple of days to Guy Fawkes day ( 5th November ) .
If they are anything like the two we had this year , then eggs may be further advanced than what you think . Ours started a new nest on 5th August in a different tree from last year , and it appeared that they started sitting full time around 25th August . Then we went away to KNP and when we returned on 28th September , lo and behold , there were 4 biggish fledglings on the nest , which they left on 9th October - just 65 days after nest building started :huh:

Next :
3 - 6 Sept 2013 - Punda.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:12 pm 

Well, the`re here. We left for KNP on 6 November not having seen the hatchlings up till then. When we came back on the 10th, there they were, large as life, happily gulping down anything mom had to offer. What a joy to watch them :D :D :D

Okie do you know fellow Worcesterite Paul de Wet?
Sneeugans

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:07 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Hi Sneeugans -any pics ?

Sorry , not known to me .

Next :
3 - 6 Sept 2013 - Punda.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:59 am 

Okie, if only someone will kindly give explicit guidance to an old domkop, then maybe I will be able to post a few pics. As you can see I dont even show an avatar. I have trouble resizing my photos. What program do I need in order to post my pics? Any mod out there willing to help?
Thanx in anticipation.
Sneeugans

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:11 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Sneeugans , I am not a computer boffin either , being from a previous generation that still used our fingers and toes to add and subtract :doh:
Any event , since I am somewhat slow in that department , I try to do it as simply as possible , and perhaps I should tell you what I do .
Firstly I have a file where I keep all my pics . Now I have created another extra file , which I use for posting pics on the forum . So the first thing I do , I copy the pic to the new file . In that way I cannot lose the original pic .
Now I am sure that the pictures program on your computer must have some facility to resize pics . So I use that program to resize that pic , making sure that the LONG side is no more than 800 pixels , otherwise it cannot be posted on the forum .
Then , you go on internet onto " http://www.photobucket.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; " , and create an account for yourself . It is quite easy . On photobucket you can create albums etc onto which you can upload pics . A window will show " upload to - whatever's album " , click on the window - upload images and videos , and it will oen a window of your documents . Then go the specific file with your pics , open , and it will upload the pic to photobucket .
Once that is done , it will show the pic you have uploaded , now open that album , and the pic will show . Now click on the pic , and a window will open showing : e.mail , direct link , html code , IMG code .
Click on IMG code , then right-click , then copy .
Now go to your forum message , and where you want to place the pic , you right-click again , then " paste " , and Voila - your picture should appear .

Jeewiz , I hope you understand , because even c now that I read it , I have some difficulty with it :roll: . But good luck :lol: .

Next :
3 - 6 Sept 2013 - Punda.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next