Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: New years - golden gate
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:07 pm 

Have there been any plans made for New years at golden gate...a party of some sort?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:34 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

As far as I know additional cars pay an extra fee. I think they don't really mind more than one tent as long as you don't crowd people on another site and respect their space.

Post subject: Wilgenhof Environmental Education Centre not operating
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:10 pm 

Wilgenhof Environmental Education Centre is apparently currently not operating, i spoke to glen reenen reception to make a booking for abseiling and canoeing, and they are not taking bookings until further notice....as there is lack of staff?can someome comment.

Post subject: nothing organized for new years at golden gate
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:29 pm 

just spoke to reception......the park hasnt made any plans for new years....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:55 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi, I'm trying to see if I can find anything out...

Dianne

Post subject: thanks Dianne
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:58 pm 

thanks Dianne.

Post subject: Fishing at golden gate
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 am 

Is there fishing at golden gate?

Post subject: Security at Glen Reenen.
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:50 am 

Just wondering, is there security at the camping sight.....fencing,security guard etc

Post subject: some to contact regarding glen reenen
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:52 am 

is there anybody i can contact besides reception which i can ask some questions regarding the glen reenen camping site.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:54 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Tomasz

The park manager is making enquiries as to the wilgenhof situation. At this time of year, many office staff are on leave-but do post your question here and we'll see what we can do!

Dianne

Post subject: general questions regarding glen reenen.
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:00 pm 

Thanks Dianne, you are a star....

few questions:
1- Has anything in particular been organized by the park for new years eve?

2- whats is the security(fencing , security guard etc ) like at the glen reenen camp site, i read its close to a main public road and i have read that general public tend to use the ablutions at the camping site.

3-are there powered camping sites close to the river side of the camp.

4- regarding the wilgenhof situation, pity management dont plan better regarding staff leave as it is peak season, i suppose i will enquire again when i get there on the 29th dec, perhaps i will get lucky and can organize something

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:54 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Tomasz

Herewith a response

Quote:
We have not organize any activity for the New Year’s Eve, the challenge being that some of our clients prefer a quite night and others would like to have a bit of fun to celebrate the New Year as the Park we get caught in the middle if we were part of the fun regarding the noise level etc.. But that does not mean our clients cannot celebrate on their own. I know it’s difficult; one cannot be a player and the referee at the same time.

Regarding the security at camps / camping sites, it is fenced and there are no interferences of the public at camping sites as the Meriting picnic spot (for general public use) is almost 2 km away from the camping sites (Glen Reenen)

NB. The new toilets block is under construction as we speak to address the shortage of toilets facilities at the camp but the contractor is out of the site as we speak to allow our clients peace and quietness during the festive season.

Yes we do have camping sites with power next to the river but we do not allocate sites to out clients they choose their own spot as they arrive.

Regarding Wilgenhof Centre situation, the centre has nothing to do with our clients coming for holidays here, it is used to accommodate school children coming to do environmental education only.

What used to happen in the previous years was that we had a senior citizen couple who planned the holiday programs and utilised the centre during the festive season or school holidays but unfortunately this year it was not the case and we had short notice on this matter as they are committed somewhere else.

What we have done in the meantime was to get qualified Tour Guides to come and do holidays activities inside the park for our clients i.e. canoeing, up sailing, guided walks & trails, Township tours etc... the working agreement was sealed on 20th December 2007 with the service providers.

Contact numbers of the service provider are available at all our reception areas if the clients need to talk to them directly, they can also book the activities at reception and I can be contacted on 083 313 2006 if the clients feel they do not get the service they deserve.

I trust and believe that the above information will assist in planning your holiday further and we are looking forward to welcoming you in Golden Gate.

Greeting

Sipho Zulu

Hospitality Services Manager

Golden Gate Highlands National Park

Post subject: Thank you
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:19 pm 

Diannet and Sipho

Many thanks for the response, exactly the information i was looking for.

See you guys soon.

Regards

Tomasz

Post subject: Re: Golden Gate chalets
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:18 pm 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Brandwag hotel will be undergoing extensive upgrading between the 12th of January 2009 and the 31st of March 2010.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Post subject: Golden Gate accomodation
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:54 pm 

Hi there,

can someone help, please. I want to book accommodation at Glen Reenen, but the booking form on the site only mentions Golden Gate. Back in the old days it was two different camps. Is this still the case or does is now go under one camp?
And one more question, on the booking form it gives two Rondawel options, one HKB2 and HKD4? What is the difference? Do they explain the codes somewhere? ...and as far as I know only Glen Reenen has Rondawels?

Thea

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next