Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Golden gate NP and camping
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:04 am 

Hello, j am french and j d like to discover this park in july.
J d like to know if we can hike where we want in this park?
And is it possible to put my tent everywhere in the park or is there restritions?

J know the reebok trail but as j hike with children j d like to hike slowly for 4 days and sleep 3 times in our tent and in diferent place.

Do you think it's possible?

Thanks a lor for your help.

Post subject: Re: Golden gate NP and camping
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:32 am 

FAC Member (2013)
Award: Newcomer of the Year (2012)
Hi yoann,

Welcome to the SANParks Forums! It is really great to have you here and we hope you will become a regular visitor.
We strive to be the friendliest forum of the Internet, so it is important to us that you feel at home here.

Feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any questions or comments, or perhaps to just drop a line to say hi.

Here's a link to the Frequently asked Questions to get you started.

New Visitors. And this link will also provide valuable information. Also you can check out The Rules for Posting on the SANParks Forum.

Take your time to look around a bit. If you need any help finding information on the forums, or are not sure about the appropriate forum to post in, just send a message to one of the moderators.

Or post a message on the forum and we will see it eventually gets to the right spot. We are here to help you.

And if you think that a member makes you feel unsecure please PM a moderator. We are all equal on this forum!

If you have planned a trip to any of the SANParks, then please feel free to PM your dates and places to Jazil and they will then be added to the "When will I see Yellow Ribbons in Kruger" or the "When will I see yellow ribbons in SANParks? (excluding KNP)" threads which can be found in the Meets and Greets Forum. Forumites may attach a yellow ribbon to their vehicles mirror so that forumites can recognise each other and get acquainted.

And we will be very happy if you do not include your private business or other commercial activities as a direct link.
Spam (Unsolicited Commercial E-mail ) will not be tolerated and the spammer will be banned from the forum

Enjoy the forums, CU online!

The Mod Team

Barryels
DinkyBird
Elsa
Jazil
Matthys
Saraf

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:45 am 

FAC Member (2013)
Award: Newcomer of the Year (2012)
Hi yoann,

With reference to your enquiries I wish to refer you to the following links where you can read everything about Golden Gate National Park.

Here is the Index with various topics on Golden Gate NP.

Here is a Link to the website of all the mamals that you will find in Golden Gate NP.

If you need any other info that is not included in the Index, please PM me for assistance :thumbs_up: .

Hope you will have a wonderful time at Golden Gate :D .

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:35 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Hi yoann, welcome to the forums!

I'm no expert, but as far as I know, you have to camp in the designated area in Golden Gate. One is not allowed to just pitch a tent anywhere - only in the designated camping area.

There are many hiking trails in the park - many of them are shorter and easier than the Reebok Trail. You should be able to get a map with all the different trails from reception at Golden Gate. These different trails all start and end in the proximity of the camping area.

Hope that helps to answer some of your questions! :thumbs_up: