Skip to Content

Camdeboo: Roads

Addo, Camdeboo, Karoo, Mountain Zebra

Moderator: lion queen

boje1212

Camdeboo: Roads

Unread postby boje1212 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi everyone.

I am looking to take a trip from Grahamstown to Camdeboo in the next few months (either April or June) and would like to know a few things about traveling there with a sedan with regards to safety and ease:

1. Are the conditions of the roads to the park decent, and which are the best route to take to the park itself?

2. Additionally, is one able to get into the park and have some stretches of road that are tarred, or at least gravel roads in extremely good condition? (Staying at the campsite).

Thanks in advance. :mrgreen: :D
Latest Lifers: African Spoonbill, Black Cuckooshrike, Wire-Tailed Swallow

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Traveling to and in Camdeboo with a sedan

Unread postby Hugh » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:44 pm

Hello Boje, Its a long time since I was there and then only the road up to the hill overlooking the valley of desolation was there .. magnifent. Went up in a normal Sedan .
I am sure it will be fine though ... and do let us have photos of your Trip as its not a well known park yet and not too much has been written about it
God couldn't be everywhere so he made Grandmas

4O4-5O4
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby 4O4-5O4 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:40 pm

Hi
All roads within the park are easily accesible with a normal sedan. Only the designated 4x4 routes should be avoided obviously if in a sedan. There are 19km of dirt road within the game viewing area at Camdeboo, all in excellent condition. The Sundays river crossing may at times be closed after heavy rain, but this is carefully monitored by Camdeboo reception and closed if necessary.

We are here at Camdeboo as I type this so info is correct. As a side, if you are travelling in 4x4 vehicle, it is highly recommended that consider driving the two 4x4 trails...out of this world with mindblowing scenery and landscape. A beautiful, beautiful park is Camdeboo!!

Haupie

Unread postby Haupie » Mon May 05, 2014 9:43 pm

Can't wait to see if this is for real...
Camdeboo a real gem

I say 'no bail to poachers', name and shame them, even at a sniff of suspicion. Lets get rid of them quickly

Return to “Frontier Parks”