Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Open day blues
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:15 pm 

Open days are a good idea and gives the person a chance to visit the Parks who would not otherwise do so because of their financial situations and I applaud SANPark for this unfortunately there is a down side to this because never have I met such inconsiderate selfish disrespectful and idiotic people as I met in Addo Park yesterday.
People overtaking at high speeds kicking up clouds of dust and scaring the life out of the animals, (the worst offender was an old man probably in his seventies) and general disregard for speed limits. I passed three cars lined up at the T junction No. 14 on the map with ALL doors open four kids running around well away from the cars shouting and adults either on the cell phone or just standing around chatting.
On the road to Zuurkops two mini buses again with doors wide open with music blaring from them and the occupants standing next to a bakkie chatting. I picked up cans that were thrown on the road, why anyone in their right mind would litter in a park is beyond me.
Also I do not appreciate as I am taking a photo to have someone drive up next to me preventing me from taking a photo by blocking my view and then they drive off and the shot is no longer there. On the positive side it was good to see bus loads of kids who enjoyed the Park and who were better behaved than the adults, hopefully they will take an interest into conservation.
I think I better stay away on open days it is too traumatic :x