Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Buffalo kills hiker in MZNP
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:32 am 

hi

I´m hones you never can give a100% Liveguaranty. Live always end with death. The Question will be when your death Point will be reached. I really dislike the Idea that the Hiking Trails remain Fenced or only to do Hiking Trails by a Ranger. Even a Fence will not give us a 100% Guaranty. I Know a Strory from Namibia where a Leopord used the Ladies Toilett in a FEnced Camp! to born her Cups. My Aunt Bumped almost into the Leopard. So If we are not able to Proteckt against the big Animals you never ever can Protect the Camps against Snakes e.g. Cobras and so on which ARE also very Poisonious. Why are doing a difference? if you check up statistiks more people get killed by cars then wild animals. There for I really like the American NP you can go out an do what ever you want but if an accident happens don´t blame us. And amerika have also agreat Variety of Dangerous animals.

when a buffs attack you´ll never know what the Victim have done. Didhe tease the Buff? and so on. The whole Diskussion remains me a bit of overreaktion. That is the same as in Germany when an Accident happens then they overreackt and lokking for someone to blem. BUt sometimes there si noone to blame.

Best Regards

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7