Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shopping and late Addo entry questions
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:16 pm 

Hello

Have done lots of research on the forums but can't seem to find the answers to two questions.
We will arrive at the P E Airport about 2:45 p m from 10 days in/around Kruger.

So, question one: We hope to book ( in late January) one night at the southern camp (Matyholweni) and one at the main camp. We want to enter from the southern gate and will need to do some shopping etc on the way. We will probably be able to get to the gate by 5 p m (closing ?) but just in case we are delayed I read we are to notify reception we will be late. How does one notify reception?....

Question two (and I hope there is no such thing as a dumb question) : I read in a post that there is a shopping or grocery store on the N2 just past the turnoff for the Matyholweni gate. Would this be the best place to stop for provisions? And (the dumb question), not knowing S A at all, will we be able to get a cooler (cool chest) at a grocery store?

Appreciate any advice/tips as I would like to get this part of our trip booked and set before moving on to planning Storm River and our route to Capetown where we will end our visit.

Blanca

Post subject: Re: Shopping and late Addo entry questions
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:29 pm 

Blanca
Addo southern gate is close to the town of Colchester and is less than an hours drive from PE airport.
In Colchester and on the N2 is a petrol ststion which also has a medium sized supermarket.
You will be able to buy all the food that you need there.
I don't know if they sell cold/cold boxes there.
I have stayed at the southern camp and as it is not in the game viewing area we were able to come and go as we pleased.
Addo is very special. Enjoy
Regards
JDW

Jun/Jul - Canada - Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Tofino, Inside Passage to Alaska and the Rockies.