Skip to Content

Agulhas National Park

Agulhas, Bontebok, Table Mountain, Tankwa Karoo, West Coast
Tiko

Re: Agulhas National Park

Unread postby Tiko » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:12 am

i don't know which beach you are referring to but you are within walking distance from the beach. You drive past the lighthouse to Suiderstrand to get to the chalets.It is in the area of "Pietie se huis" and Blue Bay(a nice safe protected bay for swimming).The chalets are very nice. :thumbs_up:

Tiko

Thunderbird7

Unread postby Thunderbird7 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:24 am

Thanks Tiko. I meant just the waters edge really. I wasn't sure if they had a view of the waves or were just buried in the fynbos.

Tiko

Unread postby Tiko » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:04 pm

All the chalets have amazing seaviews.you don't have to worry about that.

Tiko

Micetta
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Micetta » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:08 pm

WARNING!

If anybody should get the idea of visiting Agulhas National Park as a day visitor, forget about it. Only overnight visitors are allowed in :evil:

Tiko

Unread postby Tiko » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Micetta wrote:WARNING!

If anybody should get the idea of visiting Agulhas National Park as a day visitor, forget about it. Only overnight visitors are allowed in :evil:

The Agulhas National Park starts at the lighthouse and the whole area from there to Suiderstrand is open for day visitors.The area from Suiderstrand to the chalets are not open to day visitors.If you want to you can walk along the beach to the chalet area,no restrictions there.

Tiko

annie R

Unread postby annie R » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:30 am

We've just come back from the new rest camp at Agulhas and were blown away by its position and all the things to do in the area - fishing, hiking, lighthouse, photographing shipwreck close inshore, etc. People on the Wild magazine blog have been bitching about the cost, but in all honesty I'm not sure why they're picking on Agulhas because it's not really far out of the normal SANParks pricing category (think Kgalgadi's wilderness camps, for instance), specially when you compare with how beautiful, well-equipped and just plain classy these chalets are. I was impressed: for more about them, check out http://roxannereid.weebly.com/1/post/20 ... tacle.html
Last edited by annie R on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

gregdeklerk

Unread postby gregdeklerk » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:38 am

I am going to spend 3 nights there over the Easter weekend, so I am looking forward to that.

annie R

Unread postby annie R » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:56 am

I'm sure you'll love them, Greg. It's a perfect place for an Easter hideaway - I'm jealous!

Unread postby 6000 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:33 pm

We've just built a cottage in Suiderstrand and I am wanting to get to know the area better and especially the Agulhas National Park as my family and I will be staying there a lot over the coming years.
I was trying to work out the position of the Lagoon Guest House - is this it on the Western edge of Suiderstrand Bay?

The GPS coordinates on this page don't seem to make sense for it, but then neither do they seem right for the Southernmost Tip either. Are they wrong or is Google Maps messing me about?

www.6000.co.za

annie R

Unread postby annie R » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:42 pm

This definitely looks like Lagoon House (it used to be called Pietie se Huis so some locals may still refer to it like that). Good luck with your house at Suiderstrand; it's a stunning location with a national park right on your doorstep.

Micetta
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Micetta » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Welcome to the forums 6000!!

A wonderful place to have a cottage :dance: :dance:

gregdeklerk

Unread postby gregdeklerk » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:58 am

How far is it from the Lighthouse to the new chalets and is the road in good condition?

Unread postby 6000 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:30 am

annie R wrote:it used to be called Pietie se Huis so some locals may still refer to it like that

Ah - then that would be it, because the picture is of Pietie se Punt. Thanks. (Also to you, Micetta).

Little disappointed with what I've seen of ANP thus far - seems to be rather inaccessible unless you're actually staying within it. But as you say, we're very much surrounded by it, so I'm sure we'll be exploring what we can.

MATTHYS

Unread postby MATTHYS » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:41 pm

aquila non capit muscas

Tiko

Unread postby Tiko » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:43 am

gregdeklerk wrote:How far is it from the Lighthouse to the new chalets and is the road in good condition?

It is +/- 5km from the lighthouse.The road is in a reasonable /good condition.

Tiko

Return to “Cape Parks”