Skip to Content

Kgalagadi with babies

Augrabies, Kgalagadi, Mokala, Namaqua, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld

Moderator: hilda

Parkfanatic

Kgalagadi with babies

Unread postby Parkfanatic » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Hi All,

I have booked to go to the Kgalagadi next April (TR, Nossob and Mata Mata) and will be staying in huts.
I have a young baby (she will turn 1 in the KTP... )

So heres the questions:
1) I note that the park accomodation descriptions only mentions adults (over 12) and children (2 - 12years)... I suddenly had the horrid realisation that children under 2 may not be allowed in park?... I dont think this is the case, but I want to be sure? :shock:
2) At TR and Nossob we have a hut which can accomodate more than 2 people. But at Mata Mata we have a River Front Chalet which states two people maximum. Would I run into a problem if it was my wife and I and the baby checking in? (I plan to use a fold out camp cot in the hut) :naughty:

I hope this is not a show stopper as I dont think I could survive any longer if I was not able to return to KTP soon...

Thanks
ParkFanatic

Sky
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Kgalagadi with babies

Unread postby Sky » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi
I don't think if you go to the main camps it should be any problem.
The heat may be a bigger problem when the electricity goes down at 10 pm.

Jo
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Jo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:29 pm

ParkFanatic

You definitely are allowed with little ones under 2 years of age - the reason they dont mention them is that SANParks dont charge anything for children under 2 years. Our little one made her first journey there at 8 months of age. I know of others, like Morkel777 whose little one was there at 4 months.

We have also just booked for April 2014, our little one will be 18months and I told the lady at Reservations, we have also reserved a RF2 chalet at Mata Mata and she made no comment about the little one not being allowed!

Elize de Klerk

Unread postby Elize de Klerk » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Children is allowed exept the private tentet camps. Twee Rivieren, Mata Mata and Nossob is safe.

April is no so warm and you can expext rain, sometimes heavy rain storms. But the park is green and lots of animals.

Parkfanatic

Unread postby Parkfanatic » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:32 pm

All, thanks so much for the replies and confirmation... All set to go then... just a long wait now :wall:

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread postby lion queen » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:54 am

I do hope that you'll have a stunning trip, enjoy every moment........ :thumbs_up:
SANParks Online Fans..........Where passion is pride!

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

Return to “Arid Parks”