Skip to Content

4X4 rental

Augrabies, Kgalagadi, Mokala, Namaqua, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld

Moderator: hilda

kavita

4X4 rental

Unread postby kavita » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:54 am

Hi all,

We are looking to rent a 4X4 from Upington for our trip to KTP in December.We have received a couple of quotes (Mostly on Hilux double cabs with fridge) from local companies in Upington. I am unable to find any reviews of these companies. Can anyone share their experience or recommendations of rental companies? Please feel free to PM me.
Thanks.

katanga

Re: 4X4 rental

Unread postby katanga » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:40 pm

Kavita

I don't think we are supposed to discuss specific companies here but feel free to PM me and will try find out from some of my expert colleagues. However from what I know if you use many of the main stream rental companies in Uppington they are quite reputable.

Good luck. When are you going ?

Blackie

Unread postby Blackie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:50 am

Kavita, if I am not mistaken, I think LionQeen on the forum stays in Upington so it could we worthwhile to send her a PM for advice.

Blackie.
March/April 2013: Frontier Parks here we come!

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread postby lion queen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:16 am

Hi Yes I'm from Upington, and I do have a few telephone numbers of 4X4 companies, but my biggest problem is that we did not hire 4X4's from that many of them, so I can't really give an indication on how trustworthy all of them are. What I can say is that Upington is not that big a town, so I do know most of these people personally.

You are welcome to pm me and I'll forward you the telephone numbers.

As with any motor vehicle companies, I don't think there is a guarantee that nothing will go wrong with the vehicle. So you'll most probably end up with people saying I had a terrible experience and others saying it was the best ever.
SANParks Online Fans..........Where passion is pride!

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

Return to “Arid Parks”