Hi Viking and welcome back!!
I'll try and answer some of your questions......
1) Preliminary Iteniary: 1 x Upington, 1 or 2 x TR, 3 x Nossob or Gharagab (depending on availability), 3 x Mata Mata or KTC, and 2 x Augrabies. (Plus 2 days for flights back and forth from Denmark to SA) Three night in Gharagab is looooong. There is not much drives you can do so you'll end up driving out on the exit route, driving north on the main road and going back to camp on the entrance route for three days
2) One issue is that it is difficult to get booking at Nossob and Gharagab (and Grootkolk seems impossible), so we might end up with bookings like 2xTR, 1x Nossob, 1xGharagab, 1xNossob, 3 x Mata Mata/KTC. I really don't like the moving in and out of a camp, and would prefer 2-3 nights at each camp. So it might be better to wait with a trip to KTP to another year where we can plan well in advance and get the bookings we prefer. I would much rather pack up and unpack between Nossob and Garagab that spend three days only in Gharagab (beautiful as it maybe!)
3) I struggle to understand how to get sufficient food supplies. I can read that the shops in Nossob and Mata Mata will have limited products. We will of course shop in Upington, but I find it difficult to understand how to have food for 8 days when temparatures are high, and we have to travel from camp to camp. Can anyone share how you normally stock for such a 8 days trip in KTP - e.g. what type of products? We vacuum all our meat and freeze those. Then wrap in newspaper before packing into cooler box. We put the cooler box in front of the backseats and cover it with a blanket to keep the sun off. Or you could ask when renting the vehicle whether the rent out camp fridge freezers. This is very nice to have in February!!
4) We are not experienced 4x4 drivers (it will be the first time). Are road conditions so that unexperienced 4x4 drivers can manage? Or will it be too risky? Roads are really not a problem for first time 4x4 drivers. Just deflate your tyres before you enter the game park area.
5) And yes, we know it will be very warm - and that is also part of our thinking if we should try to arrage the KTP visit for August 2015 timeframe instead. Any time is a good time in KTP. Do keep in mind that during August we have strong winds.