Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Tipping guides, camp attendants and other staff.
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:28 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Quote:
If you stay in a chalet is
it not up to the occupants to wash their own dishes?

Absolutely :thumbs_up: I know there are signs in Kruger, but can't remember if there are or not in KTP.

But then you also get cleaning staff and cleaning staff :shock: The one that you see with a bright smile & a willing attitude and the one with a scowl and don't care attitude.
The former are prevalent in KTP :lol: therefore usually get a token of our appreciation :thumbs_up: and I am talking "token"

Quote:
Secondly is it part of the parks petrol attendants 'duty' to check tyre pressures?

Don't know if it's their "duty" as such, but they have always been more than willing to do it for us. If they are busy, SO will do it himself -- or start to do it himself (one of the attendants usually takes over). Same with windscreens ...

Post subject: Re: Tipping guides, camp attendants and other staff.
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:01 am 
Guru
Guru

Everytime I took guest out it's about doing my job, what you have learnt to apply it to the best of your ability.
You do get different guides with different attitudes,but I think the best type of guiding is too make it personel and fun,tell storie's get the people interested. ok I can go on with this so better stop now.
I have took Hollanders out yesterday morning and this is not the first time that people grap that you know something as I was explaining about the difference between agamas and lizards as she was mentioning it is a lizard, and then the question did you study biology.
At the end they did tip me.