SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Noeniput and Groot Mier area accommodation
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:12 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi all

As a random idea, as the area is one that I doubt many consider visiting, when I go from Augrabies to KTP next year, I would like to stop over in this general area. I know of some accommodation in Ashkam and closer to KTP gate, but I would like to stay at a place like Noenieput, just that I can say I have, perhaps even get a fridge magnet :pray: 8) Anybody know of something like a guest house in that corner of SA?

John

Follow my solo KTP photographic and birding TRAVEL TALE

Photograph all moments of beauty not to forget, but treasure them in your heart to remember

Post subject: Re: Noeniput and Groot Mier area accommodation
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:19 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Hi John,

The bad news part is...........no guesthouse in Noenieput or on any of the farms close by (I phoned one of my clients living in Noenieput)

Except for the KLK shop, there is no other shop in town and she has never seen any thing like a fridge magnet in the shop.

The good news part..........driving through Noenieput and staying over in Noenieput will be exactly the same experience....... :wink:

For Groot mier you'll have to go past the turn off to KTP from Askam. Actually Groot mier is the smaller one and Klein Mier is the Bigger one. Any way.........there are not much there to choose from, I'll phone around and ask and pm you if I get any answers.

Post subject: Re: Noeniput and Groot Mier area accommodation
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:25 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Thanks so much lion queen! I feared that there would be nothing at Noenieput. I was almost at one of the Miers when I missed the turn to KTP while traveling from Ashkam, and the scenery in that area, with the pans, was just amazing. I would also most likely go and see the giant race strip at Hakskeenpan if I remember correctly. I will most likely drive through Noenieput anyhow, just that I can know if have seen it. I will take some pic as a reminder that I had made it there :cam:

Follow my solo KTP photographic and birding TRAVEL TALE

Photograph all moments of beauty not to forget, but treasure them in your heart to remember