I have been lurking around this forum for some time, since we are visiting Kgalagadi TFP this September as part of a big self-drive loop that includes CKGR, the pans, Moremi, Caprivi, and Etosha.
Here are a few questions:
1. Firewood. Still not clear to me if you can bring it in through. Mata-Mata, our entry gate, or can you buy it in stores there. Is charcoal readily available?Enough good wood available in KTP
2. I understand that the tap water at most camps is very salty and not suitable for drinking. Would water purifying tablets help to, well, purify this type of problem?
Is the water ok for cooking, say a pot of spaghetti?
Are 5 liter water bottles available at 2R and Nossob or should we buy it all in Windhoek?Water is available in KTP I would stock up in Mariental
3. Meat availability. We will be spending 5 nights camping and 2 nights in wilderness camps. Is it best to bring all our Braai meat from Windhoek or will there be chicken and steak available at 2R and Nossob?Meat is available but is expensive buy some but you can also buy at the FarmStall just before Mata Mata - Reasonbly / Cheap I bought some there on Monday. I also walk from Mata Mata to the farmstall when I only stay on the SA side
4. Do any of the rest camps have swimming pools?Even KTC but not the bush camps
5. Has anyone left the park through the Ka'a gate? Any advice would be great.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.
Sept 11: Mata Mata
Sept 12-13: 2R
Sept 14: Nossob
Sept 15: Bitterpan
Sept 17 Gharagab
Sept. 18 leaving for Bots through Ka'a Gate with our Canadian Friends in second car.