Skip to Content

Not to be missed - June 08 Getaway magazine

See what other forumites recommend you should read

Moderator: hilda

saraf

Unread postby saraf » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:14 pm

Sorry guys, I didn't see this before I left or I would have brought some copies back with me.

Getaway is one of my favourite mags and I always look out for it when I'm in SA. This edition was not a disappointment and had a great article on the Duke Tusk Episode and some really useful information on KNP and the Transfrontier Park. It's always interesting to read other people's opinions and to have a glimpse of alternatives so the info on the lodges was informative.
Website Community Choice Award - Kudu Awards 2015. Voting is now open - see here for details

rayb
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby rayb » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:21 pm

I've been sat in the garden in really warm sunshine reading my Getaway mag. that arrived yesterday. The camping accessories pull-out was useful although the Kruger map lacked a bit of detail.
The smaller the monkey the more it looks like it would kill you at the first given opportunity

nicolemeiring

Getaway inspired!

Unread postby nicolemeiring » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:23 pm

After reading the Getaway I moved my September booking forward to July. I can't wait to get back in the Park. I am so excited that I am battling to go to sleep. Plus now addicted to GeoWild DSTV Channel.

:dance:

Stark
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Stark » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:32 pm

FYI, I was able to order the digital copy of this issue! No map included that I could find, but it makes for very interesting reading.

ndloti
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby ndloti » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:04 pm

I assume the Nhlambanyathi bird hide referred to on S28 (page 34) is actually Nthandanyathi bird hide , or is there another bird hide on S28 ?
KNP is sacred. I am opposed to the modernisation of Kruger and from the depths of my soul long for the Kruger of yesteryear! 1000+km on foot in KNP incl 56 wild trails.200+ nights in the wildernessndloti-indigenous name for serval.

wildtuinman
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Birder of the Year (2013)

Unread postby wildtuinman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:20 pm

ndloti wrote:I assume the Nhlambanyathi bird hide referred to on S28 (page 34) is actually Nthandanyathi bird hide , or is there another bird hide on S28 ?

Of course it is the Nthandanyathi hide. It's easy to incorrectly spell something as I also see even conflicting spelling of the hide in official SANP references. :wink:

Nthandanyathi here.
And Ntandanyathi on the map on this page here.
And [url]here[/url] it is Nthandanyati.
Latest Lifer(s): Buff-spotted Flufftail, Tree Pipit, Dimorphic Egret, Lesser Jacana, Citrine Wagtail, Black-tailed Godwit

Follow me as I bird on Twitter @wildtuinman

Return to “Bookshelf”