TwoBoy was a ranger in another reserve I think .. he was one of the first people to join who actually did work as a ranger at the time and gave some excellent advise to all the members on signs of danger etc
WoW! That's a flashback
Mafunyane is still my favourite
I still miss Massunguine and Hlanghanini
@Arks .. maybe you'll remember this ...
Maybe check out this link "KNP Emerging Tuskers Competition: 2006 Winners Announced
I think is was the 2nd year this competition ran .. and you'll notice Arks won that year with myself coming in 3rd position
So the forum already made huge impacts in 2006 already with contributions towards identifying big tuskers.
I also know that a lot of forumites made huge donations, contributions towards SANParks.
- did you know the doors at the Elephant Hall was donated by a forum member?
- did you know the Satara Web Cam was bought by funds raised by the forum?
- the forum contributed several CyberTrackers to SANParks through fund raising innitiatives? Really ..
Check it out : Angels on an Avian Mission
, Announcement: R12,010 rand raised in "Objective Duke"
(for a laugh read this
) as well as various other innitiatives (apologies I don't remember them all) like this one Dedicated forum members to raise funds for SANParks rangers
- Did you also know that when Duke was still alive .. on both occasions when Duke lost a tusk it was forum members who notified and helped find the tusks? 1st tusk
and 2nd tusk
... ironically by the 2 of the same members (Wildtuinman and Mapoisa Mat and in the 2nd occasion Bucky) .. Hence we have asked them to please stay clear of all other big tuskers
- It's also my believe that without the forum and the great accolades by forumites, staff like Frank Mabasa would not have been identified and recognised for their absolute STUNNING customer service and potential. Keeping Pafuri picnic spot clean his great dedication and knowledge on the birding which he so openly shared with all .. mention you were from the forum and Frank would push his customer service from 150% to 200% .. To mention what the forum contributed towards recognising and helping staff like Frank would be impossible .. but it all started with a Sasol Bird Guide and Binocs!
- And if you happen to visit "My Acre of Africa" you will find PLENTY forumites there ... PLENTY
And of course .. let's not forget the Cricket Weekends .. especially the one where there was a heat wave and plenty of cramps and sore boddies the following day
And this is only a few things I remember while still active on the forum .. I fear to try and read ALL the most valuable contributions this forum has made .. and the VHR
A baby I saw born at the end of my "life" on the forum .. so dedicatedly grown to excellent heights and achievements by many a member (especially Tannie D)
I bow down to the forumites and to SANParks
who so passionately stood by and scolded her forum and forumites with a "Swiss Flag" showing her neutrality
I am still searching to find a better boss