Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 5504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351 ... 367  Next
 Post subject: Re: Varsity Student Formites
Unread postPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:48 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi SleepyOwl

Awesome to have you back :dance: , well atleast you find us cool 8) , and hopefully your mom will agree to camping, by the way arnt you going to Kruger anytime soon

Unread postPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:28 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Hi everybody!!

Sorry iv been so absent. Its partly coz my laptop is now broken!! Ai!!
Sooo glad to see everyone on here :D

Nooo I didn't have an exam. Done with that stuff ;) the tough thing I had to go through is nothing compared to Meerkittie's :( I'm sooo sooo sorry my friend :( my prayers are with you.

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!

Unread postPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:01 am 

FAC Member (2013)
Good morning V's :D
How's it going with you guys? It is a stressful week for me here. Its my last week of a three month probation period here at the production house where I work, and it will be either myself, or someone else, who gets a permanent editing position here after this week :shock: so one of us is getting the position, and the other is getting the axe!

Unread postPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:15 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Good Luck Cheetah, Will be holding thumbs for you 8) was ina similar position when I started working so I know how you feel.

Bro & Sis Road Trip V2 in September

Unread postPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:27 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Good Afternoon V's

Cheetah, I got fingers and toes crossed for you.

By the way only 20 days left before I fly off to come back home and also just 22 days left for me to visit Kruger. Super Excited.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:23 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Thank you vmites :gflower:

Holding thumbs for you Cheetah!!

Kallis, that i awesome :thumbs_up:

Haha I am a bit naughty in that i have returned to the forums...a week before exams :lol: :lol: :lol:
The exams should be okay :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

Unread postPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:07 am 

FAC Member (2013)
Thanks Spargs! Then you know how this weight of uncertain future hangs over you :wall:

That is great news Kallis! Tell us about your Kruger booking??

Very naughty Kitts :naughty: :naughty: But I would say come on as often as you like :whistle: Did you watch your fishies getting beaten by the Bulls on Saturday? :wink:

Unread postPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:04 am 

Good morning all,

Kallis, so envious! Have a great trip!

Meerkitty, I have committed the same sin, first exam on monday :hmz: All the best for exams :D

Hahah cheetah, very well put :clap:

Unread postPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:18 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

cheetah2111 wrote:
Good morning V's :D
How's it going with you guys? It is a stressful week for me here. Its my last week of a three month probation period here at the production house where I work, and it will be either myself, or someone else, who gets a permanent editing position here after this week :shock: so one of us is getting the position, and the other is getting the axe!

Good luck Cheetah. Hope it goes your way :)

Unread postPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:50 pm 

hey v's. hope everyone's had a good week so far. All the best to the exam-writing v's. As we like to say "go kick some script bunnies" :thumbs_up: :wink: .

Cheets got my fingers, toes, arms and knees crossed for you, which makes walking and pretty much everything a little awkward :hmz: :hmz: :pray: :pray: it goes your way :thumbs_up:

I went to the Sasol bird fair this weekend at the Johannesburg zoo to attend a beginner bird ID course and I have to admit I was amazed at the turnout :big_eyes: . The course was brilliant and very informative and worth the trip. The honorary rangers had a stall at the fair, but I discovered I'm not so chatty in person :redface: :redface: so I didn't introduce myself as a fellow mite :redface: :redface:

Hope everyone has a great evening, I have to set revision tests for my tution students (tutees :hmz: :hmz: ) :doh:

Support the anti rhino poaching Brownie Project

KNP TR Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Join the No-Kudu Horns Quiz

Unread postPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:53 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Good Evening V's :D :D :D

Firstly it is awesome to see almost all the V's active and all chatty.

All the best to the V's writing the exams.

Alright, for people that want to know more about my booking, It is just a 3 day trip like I did last year to the South, and ofcorz it consists of many day trips I make to my beloved North and Punda Maria.

I wanted to spend more nights personally, but Kruger is fully booked because the South African school holidays start. So I am landing at JHB on the 19th of June, and as everyone knows I stay in Thohoyandou, so it will be a full day of travelling, and than I got one day at home in which I will be a busy bee, getting the car ready and everything I will possibly need for my trip which is Camera's, Lenses, and everything else.

Friday the 21st of June, I am going to Kruger where I will be spending my first night in Tamboti, and from there onwards we will be driving South on the 22nd of June where I will be in Pretoriuskop, from which I will be returning back home on the 23rd of June.

I am also planning to book a night in Shingwedzi on the reopening on the 31st of August.

The best part about this years trip will for the first time I will be on the drivers seat, so it is a totally new experience all together.

Hope everyone has a Good Nights rest. Good Night. Sweet Dreams. :D

Unread postPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:26 pm 

FAC Member (2013)
Shame dude, that is quite a short trip :(
But I love Tambots :D You must take a photie Jack Black the black backed jackal there at the T junction to Tambots :dance: He is my best mate of the aMiNals 8) Take a powerful spot light, and check what you can see in the river bed at night 8) In the camp you are likely to get honey badgers if you keep your ears and eyes open :thumbs_up:
Pkop is not my fave :hmz: But there are those that swear by the camp! It can produce any of the four sought after: lions, leopards, cheetahs, wild dogs :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:59 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

It sure is a very short trip, but than again I also just have a day before my trip, so I guess a rest is necessary and with all my day trips, am sure it will result to around 10 - 15 days in the Park.

Cheetah, As long as you like Tambots, that is good enough for me, so hopefully your best mate will come to say Hi to me, and I can take a few pics to share it with you. I wonder what will I spot in the riverbed, have you had any memorable sightings on the river bed, I am also planning to book a night drive.

PKop is a camp which I have never visited, but with recent Wild Dog Sightings around the S1, and also the Leopard cubs in the area, it just seemed like the best camp, and also cause there was no accommodation left anywhere else.

To all the V's, I would like to know, how was all of your first ever drives in Kruger on the drivers seat.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:33 am 

FAC Member (2013)
Sleepyowl21 wrote:
Cheets got my fingers, toes, arms and knees crossed for you, which makes walking and pretty much everything a little awkward it goes your way

I went to the Sasol bird fair this weekend at the Johannesburg zoo to attend a beginner bird ID course and I have to admit I was amazed at the turnout . The course was brilliant and very informative and worth the trip. The honorary rangers had a stall at the fair, but I discovered I'm not so chatty in person so I didn't introduce myself as a fellow mite

Thanks Beeps!!

I can't believe you didn't introduce yourself :slap: :slap: :slap: Just promise me you will introduce yourself to me if you see me around! I don't bite :| Well, it depends :tongue:

kallis1786 wrote:
I wonder what will I spot in the riverbed, have you had any memorable sightings on the river bed, I am also planning to book a night drive.

Do not even get me started :wink: :lol:

Unread postPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:55 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Happy Friday Vmites 8)

2 weeks till Kruger :dance: :dance: :dance: I'm really excited for this trip, taking my uncle who lives in the US to Kruger. Just myself, my dad and my uncle. We are spending 2 nights at Balule in a hut and then a night in Pskop before we head home :mrgreen:

@Kallis I havent been to Pskop for a while but I will let you know what my sightings were like when I'm there for one night.

My first drive in the drivers seat was also my first solo trip...... I was working in Nelspruit for 2 weeks, so i decided to spend the week end in the park, and I really enjoyed it, first sighting was rhino and then a little while late I found wild dogs on the Matjulu loop. I have to say the drivers seat is my favorite seat in the car while in Kruger.

Bro & Sis Road Trip V2 in September

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351 ... 367  Next