Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 5516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349 ... 368  Next
 Post subject: Re: Varsity Student Formites
Unread postPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:51 pm 

From UK??? Great, my sister is worlking in Lodon. And I have been to UK quite often. It´s a bit like South Africa :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:00 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Alright Malealea.

That is Awesome, although am from a town which not a lot of people have heard off, Blackburn. There is NO WAY the UK is similar to South Africa, I spent 16 years of my life in South Africa, and till today, I have found nothing common at all, personally because I grew up in SA, and the weather is always freezing here, and there happens to be no Kruger in the UK, so I guess to me it can never be the same.

Yes, if you look at the city centres and shopping malls, than it is very similar

Unread postPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:56 pm 

I know Blackborn, evenso I have never been there.

I have been:
Dover,
Brighton,
Bristol
Southhampton,
Cardiff
Breacon Beackon,
Cambridge,
Letchworth,
Northhampton,
London,
Cotswoosds
Bath

Just to name a few. You can see I hav visit you UK often. Well the Topic National parks are highly discutable, but there is more then that. Flake Crunchy, Malls just the whole Attitude. Lot of times, how people reackt they remind me of South Africa. But well I can only see it from a Tourism View, when I would life there I might see a whole difference.

Have you ever been to Germany?

Best Regards

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:18 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Malealea wrote:
I know Blackborn, evenso I have never been there.

I have been:
Dover,
Brighton,
Bristol
Southhampton,
Cardiff
Breacon Beackon,
Cambridge,
Letchworth,
Northhampton,
London,
Cotswoosds
Bath

Just to name a few. You can see I hav visit you UK often. Well the Topic National parks are highly discutable, but there is more then that. Flake Crunchy, Malls just the whole Attitude. Lot of times, how people reackt they remind me of South Africa. But well I can only see it from a Tourism View, when I would life there I might see a whole difference.

Have you ever been to Germany?

Best Regards

WOW. You really have visited the UK very often. Awesome to know, and yes, in a tourism point of view it is similar in the way people react and respond, but if you actually stay in both the countries, it is very very different.

Personally I would love to visit Germany but I have never actually been to Germany. Hopefully one day I will visit Germany. I have a friend who is from Germany, know idea which part because I have never asked, and we also had a fall out recently because of a football game, but we friends again.

Will you be visiting South Africa anytime soon

Unread postPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:50 pm 

No Planning so far, because I´m a Student on Master Level, so I don´t have the money :whistle: :whistle: .

Yes you are correkt, there is always a difference, between Living there and visit the Country. I have lived twice in Afrika, so i will be possible for me to make a comparision. My sister is working in Londonand acutally she said the same, that there are common similarities. The big difference indeed is the weather, which is except the South Eastern Part not that good. Actually I ind it very intresting. South Eastern Part of England is indeed very dry. Sometimes to dry, for Landfarming. I was really surprised. Checkout the rainfall. PA ca. 500 ml. Which is very low. Scotland have something like 5000 ml in comparison. Did you know that?

Anyway UK always have the Reputation of the bad weather, but indeed the Low Lands this assumption is not correck. Some Parts do have even litlle rainfall then GER.

There was a time where I studied the Geografy of UK a lot. Therefor my Knowledge in 2010 we have done an Excursion with the University of Trier to UK. Was a lot of work, but fun.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:11 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
I have never lived in England :hmz: but on my many visits there I can report 0 similarities other than the sport people watch and play :whistle: To compare SA to England is flawed to the max. The only thing you can compare to England is the tiny percentage of rich, developed, areas like in Johannesburg.
Most of the country live in extreme poverty, without education or access to many basic facilities. 57% of the country fall under the bracket of those in poverty, compared to about 16% in the UK. According to the UN, SA have over 5 million people living with HIV/AIDS, compared to 85000 in the UK. The unemployment rate in SA is 25%, compared to 7.8% in the UK (2013 stats).
Let us not try say that the UK is similar to SA :wink: Third world countries and first world countries cannot compare :wink:

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!

Unread postPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:24 pm 

If you compare the economy you´ll be right. I was talking about Dishes and Mentality, where I still see some similarities. That is actually what I mean. When I arrive in UK it feels like comming to Soth Africa. I can´t tell you why indeed. just me feelings.

With the economy you are correckt. Still UK is ahead. But I think RSA will develop. I wouldn´say that RSA ia third World, it is more something in between. Because for a third World RSA is too much developed.

Well about school, in UK, Iwouldn´t agree. In UK every Child to 16 Years, have to attend school. There wil be no exception. That is EU law. In RSA this is another Story.

For RSA you really draw i black Line. Why? What is the Issue, because when I lived to the Border of RSA the economy went well. I´m a bit surprised.

Best Regards

Unread postPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:43 pm 

FAC Member (2013)
Malealea wrote:
With the economy you are correckt. Still UK is ahead. But I think RSA will develop. I wouldn´say that RSA ia third World, it is more something in between. Because for a third World RSA is too much developed.

It is two worlds, 1st world country, and third world country in the same country. You are talking about the developed minority of the country. It is listed as a third world country and deserves that rating. The most obvious way of measuring this is the "Human Development Index". That measures countries according to life expectancy, literacy, education, and standards of living. The SA economy has been in shambles for a long long time ... and the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. In 2011 SA became the most unequal society in the world.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:44 pm 

Cheetah, I want to disagree. I wrote about Southern Africa my BA Thesis. The GINI Kooefezient (which shows the inbalance between rich and poor) has the highest Value in Namibia. If you really want I´m able to post down the Source.

After my studies I found out that RSA is in comparision to other Countries in the world on the higher Level. RSA is an emerging Country. Also the rate of unemploymemt or Education, RSA is still good. It is always a question of meassuring, of course against the Tiger States in Asia or europe (central) and USA, RSA will loose. But please take in consideration, that these countries are the minority not majority.

Well just looked it up the economy is indeed in RSA not bad, but the main Problem is the inequality between rich and poor, which will pull RSA down.

Here a nice Source. What I have realised, that the wave of the crisis c2009 came pretty late. But that can happen. Apart from that the Economy don´t look that bad http://www.africaneconomicoutlook.org/e ... th-africa/

Unread postPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:24 am 

FAC Member (2013)
Hi V's :D

Our fellow Vmite has just finished a great Trip Report!!! Sleepyowl!!! :D
Click here and check out her last three episodes :D

Unread postPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:38 pm 

the pics are stunning

Unread postPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

WOW, Cheetah,

I will check it out, and hopefully can restart mine soon.

Wow, a lot of facts on this page, comparing SA to other countries.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:23 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi V's

My Trip Report is up and completed.

Good Night. Sweet Dreams

Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:09 am 

FAC Member (2013)
Sleepyowl is a legend :D
Maybe she will come back to the V room one of these day :hmz: If we cool enough :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:23 pm 

:thumbs_up: :tongue: :slap: :think: :wiz: :lotsocoffee: :lotsocoffee: :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349 ... 368  Next