Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Camp stickers
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:11 pm 

Here are the ones I managed to get in November. Need to get back there for the camps I couldnt get at the time. :D

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:11 pm 

I have been trying to get those stickers for Punda, Shingwedzi for years now and they are not available. I do have for the other main camps and they are on my car. Please put pressure on the shops to get them back in again. I ask everytime I am there.... with no luck. :wall:

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:44 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Bevi wrote:
madach where did you manage to get a punda and shingwedi sticker.....

Hmm, in Punda Maria and in Shingwedzi :lol:

I bought them about ten years ago so and I haven't seen them in the shops since then.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:10 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Punda only have a round white sticker with a zebra and I phoned Shingwedzi shop on Thursday and the guy there said they do have stickers but not the metalic ones :hmz: .

Phalaborwa Safari Park 16 to 18 August 2014
KNP: Maroela 18 to 24 August 2014

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:02 am 

Just got back from a wonderful 3 weeks in paradise. Only got the metallic stickers at Mopani, Orpen, Satara, Olifants, Croc Bridge, Pretoriuskop and Skukuza. Only had the licence disc at Shing. Did not get to BnDal. When asked about the lack of stickers at the various camp shops, I was given 2 excuses: out of stock and new supplier being sought on tender. I told them these were sought after by the locals and it was a poor show. Was met with a grin and shrug of the shoulders. Gives the impression that if it was hot tourist item, the response would have been different. I missed out on Punda, Shing, Letaba and L Sabie of all the camps I visited.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:41 am 

Has anyone tried giving Art Publishers (the suppliers) a call. Seems they are the big suppliers for all metallic tourist stickers in SA, not just KNP.

Happily I was digging around in my drawers and found stickers for Skukuza, Mopani, Croc Bridge and Berg en Dal.

31/12 - 01/01 : KNP - Talamati
02/01 - 05/01 : KNP - Satara

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:35 pm 

I'm sure if they sold them they would be a top seller, maybe it's to get visitors to purchase the more pricier items :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:54 pm 

Emailed Art Publishers which I did get a quick response.... They don't do sticker for Punda and Shingwedzi... only up as far as Mopani. They did say they would forward my request to management.... Please all who are looking for them email Art Publishers and put more pressure on them to print these stickers.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:19 am 

It is a pity, my husband is a big fan of those stickers and found a few at Shingwedzi, Skukuza and Olifants but as for the rest of the camps - NO STOCK, everytime we ask....
Needless to say, he would love to comlete his collection! :D

Balule
Shipandane hide
Tamboti

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:29 am 

When we were there in 2008 we managed to collect a few to add to my collection. I try to remeber to get them when we book into a camp. Stick them on my trailer as my "brag board" but I sometimes only remember when we have left a camp, that I didn't get one.

Also believe they have to be earned. If I haven't been there (or atleast stayed over at the camp. O seldom buy them. Only one I have that has not been eraned is Olifants, but I have spent so much time at the camp, that I felt justified (sort of) in putting it on my trailer.

Conservation is not an option.
It's imperative.

Leave KNP alone. Go build a hotel someplace else. Reserves are for the preservation of wildlife.

Think Pink. ..

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:39 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Award: Sighting of the Year - Non Predator Award: Travel Tale of the Year for KNP (2012)
I agree that stickers should only be displayed if you have stayed at a particular camp. I have stayed at Croc Bridge many times but have never seen a Croc Bridge sticker. I could be passing through there this November and will again look for one.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:37 pm 

Hi adw we were in the Kruger last month and they did have Croc Bridge stickers. Sorry to say I do have one on my car that I haven't stayed at. Mopani. Lovely camp, but not a lover of the bush around there. Too many Mopani trees....

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:37 pm 

I got Croc Bridge too. They definitely had stock there. Any camp I stay or eat at gets sticker status on my car. The accommodation at a few of the camps are out of my league (Olifants and Mopani). I bought 2 of each camp as the second set will go on a perspex sheet that can be displayed on the window of my next car once this one gets traded in. Learnt this trick from a regular visitor down here in the Cape. I will probably only be returning in 15 years when the pension kicks in. Stickers will probably be extinct by then. Will mail Art Publishers and await response as suggested.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:01 pm 

Hi All,

I have an almost full collection of Metallic stickers (barring Punda, who do not stock them), but I am in dire need of the following Shingwedzi, Orpen, Lower Sabie, Croc Bridge and finally Malelane.

I f anyone is going in the near future please PM me and I will transfer the cash to get these to complete the collection.

Thanks and regards
Richard Roundtree

Richard Roundtree

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:56 am 

I am a sticker collector too :D we collect them from all the places we have visited round our beautiful country. My life long pal has them on his camper kombi :thumbs_up:
I also collect the material embroidered badges which I sew onto an outdoor jacket, BUT there seems to be very few embroidered badges around now.... are they not popular with anyone now?? :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next