Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a pet?
Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 am 

WEll I belive that Dogs are not agressive by nature, but they can by wrong education, get a nightmare. Some Dogs may have a greater Attitude turning agressive, but I think that is a personal thing not ofa Dog race (Did I Used the correckt vokabulary? :hmz: :hmz: )

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:49 am 

that is sad... :redface:

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:57 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Location: Johannesburg - where they cut down trees and name streets after them.
I have a little story I'd like to share with you all. :)

Three weeks ago I had to deliver a package to the airport, I had to get it on the 8-45pm flight to CT. As I took the slipway to OR Tambo, I saw the cars breaking and swerving to avoid a tiny creature in the road. When it got caught up in my headlights I saw that it was the tiniest little kitten.

I hit the brakes and hazards and jumped out chasing after the cat. After what felt like minutes I had it cornered against the curb. When I got home and had a better look in not very good light, I thought it must have been hit before I got to it because the one eye seemed missing from the socket and the other one badly mutilated. I kept it in a box with warm blankets and hotwater bottles overnight not quite knowing what to do next.

The next morning, there it was sitting trying to look at me with those poor little eyes. It was completely calm when I picked it up and I cradled it under my jacket and in no time it started purring. This is no feral cat, it is used to human touch, someone must have dropped it off on that busy road. :(

Not knowing much about cats, I phoned my friend who told me to contact Friends of the cat, a non-profit organization here in Joburg who takes care of abandoned cats. They gave me the name of their vet and after breakfast by syringe and a nice bath I took it in to be seen to.

The vet said that he was only about 5 weeks old at the time and that he has ulcers in both eyes. The one was already shrinking away and at that time they thought he also lost the use of the other one. They took him in and undertook to give him the best care they could and to eventually find him a home suitable for a special needs cat.

That little one has been on my mind everyday and this morning I decided that I just had to go back to the vet to hear what happened to him. Well, he was still there, getting heaps of love, attention, good food and medical care. That tiny helpless little kitten is growing into a beautiful cat! When I took him in they thought they'd have to remove his eyeballs when he is old enough but the treatment seems to be working and he has about 10% vision in his one eye.

Here he is, they call him Angus.
He is about 8 weeks old now. :D

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:05 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Oh JenB he is too beautiful, I've got tears in my eyes just thinking of how someone could abandon such a little kitten, I wonder what would have happened to him if you hadn't caught him and taken care of him.
I do hope he finds a good home with people who can give him lots of love and care. :k

KNP 2- 16 May 2014

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:21 pm 

Carol, I did not think he was going to live till morning, he was cold and in shock. When I held him in my arms the next morning I just cried and cried wondering if they were going to put him down but I had to get medical care for him.

It is hard to believe that just a few hours taking care of such a little creature can touch one so deeply but it did. :)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:28 pm 

JenB that is so sad indeed. Anyway wouldn´t be possible for you to gave that cat a home? As I can read, you have already a connection. Because auf the disabbilities I´m i sorrow that this cat will never find a home. This Cat looks so cute. What I would recommend, if this cat have done the next OP check out if this cat is FIV positiv. Because if this is the case he will never find a home.

After all you can be sure the cat will always love you and will probably never go away from your side. My Parents have 3 Cats at the moment. It is amazing when they are playing. around.

Best regards

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:44 pm 

Malealea, trust me, I'm trying to work out a way to keep him but I think my dogs are too big and forceful. They would not harm him intentionally but they are quite rough. (I have two blue eyes remember! :lol: )

I think you have it wrong, I'm convinced that he'd find a home. The vet has one blind cat and she is thinking about adopting him. He is under medical care, by a highly qualified veterinarian so I doubt very much that he has not already been extensively tested and treated for anything he might have.

He is adoptable, very adoptable and there are many animal lovers here in Joburg that would give him a very good home and I can name you one. BTW, where's MM? :lol:

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:58 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
JenB I think if MM sets eyes on that kitty it will have a home immediately :D

KNP 2- 16 May 2014

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:26 pm 

hmm ok I see JenB.

It was only a tought that I had. Because I can remember a Stattement of my Vet (as I wrote we have 3 Cats at home... .). When we got our Male Cat, he was castret during this OP they found out that he was FIV positiv. And now we struggeled. We phoned expertts and they all told us, if this cat is sick or disabeld it is hardly impossible to find a home. Luckily after further check up they found out that he have not FIV, but during that time the dices were fallen, to give him a home. Therefor my concerns JenB, I hope you got my point.

By the Way the Joke with the blue eyes I haven´t understood. Would you explain it please?

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:34 pm 

JenB wrote:
(I have two blue eyes remember! :lol: )
JenB, I thought you had Rotties not Boxers! :doh:

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:49 pm 

Now I get it That is what I call a missunderstanding :wall: :wall: :tongue: :tongue:

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:52 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:53 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Dotty :D :D

KNP 2- 16 May 2014

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:55 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

:wink: :lol:

Unread postPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:13 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 97  Next