Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: DID YOU TAKE THIS PHOTOGRAPH?
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:38 am 

I am very urgently seeking the person who took this photograph. If you recognise it as yours or perhaps know who took it, please contact me. It is very important for me to get in touch with them. Any help will be truly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: DID YOU TAKE THIS PHOTOGRAPH?
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:02 pm 

Hi - I also saw this picture when looking at your caracal picture (flickr) under 'Kakuli Photo Stream".

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:23 pm 

Hi. Yes, I posted it there to submit to all the forums I could think of. The reason I am looking for the photographer: I'm an artist and I have offered to donate a painting to SANParks to be auctioned / part of a competition to raise funds for anti rhino poaching equipment. This photograph is perfect - the colouring, the fact that she's getting ready to flee with her calf - so symbolic of what's going on at the moment with poaching. I cannot just paint it, I need to obtain permission and I cannot remember which site I found the photo on. That's why I'm 'putting it out there' in the hopes that someone will shout 'hey! I took this photo!!!'
Thanks for your response.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:26 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hey Jenismithies, I saw that photo here, but cannot remember on which page :redface:

Kamadejo returns to KNP after 7 years
Balm for the Soul

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:21 pm 

Hi jenismithies;

If you downloaded a copy of the image, there may be EXIF data available behind it.

Open the image in PhotoShop (or similar) and click on Properties... There might just be some information in there about the owner - worth a try...

And a nice gesture to boot - well done :clap:

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:27 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

EOS_User, jenismithies
Had a go at it last night and seems all details and info on the picture was cancelled.

Is the name of the file the original one or was it changed????

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:32 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

The Rhinos both look burnt? :hmz:

To vote for your FAVOURITE WEBCAM SIGHTING go HERE

My Trip to Marakele National Park- Here

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:20 pm 

Ag man, I sommer get excited with the response!!! Thank you all so much!! @Kamadejo: I also thought it was Outdoor Photo and did post a request there, but so far, nothing.
@EOS: Thanks, I so badly want it to be this photograph, but without permission, I'm stuck! There is no exif data.
@RUMURUTI: This is the original file name. As an artist, I often right click and copy a photograph that will give me good reference to muscular structure of a particular subject for future paintings. I will not, as a matter of honour, paint a photograph as is without permission. I love photography too and it is literally theft! I'm sure if I right clicked and copied, it would give me the original file name? I've never changed anything in my folder.
@Jungle Junkie: Yes, I thought they looked burnt too, particularly the rear end of the calf. However the colouring of the photograph and the pose of 'just about to flee' give the perfect impression to the viewer of the rhino's current plight. I NEED THIS PHOTOGRAPHER!! Appreciate all comments and suggestions. I don't have much time left as SANParks are already organising the auction/competition to raise funds from my painting.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:26 pm 

@Kamadejo: Thanks to your response to my plea, I went back to ODP and sent the team a message. It took Timothy 24 hours and he found the photographer on Flickr. He emailed me and I went to the site: 1Charissa - I have left a message and can only hope that Charissa contacts me. I've had to purchase another 600mb from Vodacom, because I've used up my contract megs looking for this photographer. I am so amped, so nervous - nail biting time ahead hoping for a positive reply. Hold thumbs, guys, this photo is special! I have to admit I have started the painting in the meantime, because I don't have much time. It is looking absolutely stunning (best I've ever done). If I don't get a reply, this painting will remain in my home forever (along with a guilty conscience). If I do get a positive response, we can get this painting out there, with major recognition to the photographer (who, by the way, blew me away with her photos on Flickr) and hopefully recognition to me as the artist. Ultimately, I want as much money donated to our awesome horned creatures who don't deserve the pain and suffering they are experiencing right now. @All forumites - HOLD THUMBS FOR ME, PLEASE!!!

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:48 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

I'm pressingImage and hope you soon get a reply! :thumbs_up:

Balm for the Soul

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:02 pm 

@Kamadejo: I KNEW you would be pressing - thank you! Anyone who goes to such trouble, CARES!!! You are officially named MY FAVOURITE FORUMITE!!! :dance: :thumbs_up: :clap: :dance:

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:08 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

:redface: :lol:

Balm for the Soul

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:49 am 

Hi jenismithies;

Why don't you try contacting the Admin team @ Flickr. They will have an e-mail address for the owner of the image. Tell them the problem, and ask for their help in sending an e-mail to the owner asking the owner to contact you!

Unless the owner has messaging switched on, you're reliant on the owner surfing to his/her site! I for one, go to mine relatively rarely!

Gotta be worth a shot!

Meanwhile :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:18 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Holding thumbs for you Jenismithies! :pray: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:43 pm 

Thanks, guys - gonna try that right now!!!