Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: How topost a photo
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:21 pm 

Hi there

I know,I know, you must have done this a thousand times. But I am lost. I have tried, but am unable to load my pictures. Please give me the steps/guidelines?? Anyone,anybody willing to help me. I've got lovely pics from this weekend that I want to load, but are doing something wrong.

HELP!!!!

Renata

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:27 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

There are good instructions on the forum, but can I also try:
1) Your picture must be hosted somewhere on the web, eg at tinypic, flickr or your own website.
2) Open the site where the photo is and double click on the photo that you want to use in your posting. It should open on its own in a new window
3) Right click on the photo
4) Click properties from the little menu
5) Highlight the address normally starting with "http... and ending with...jpeg" Make sure there is not a "?" at the end, it should not be there.
6) Pres Control and "c" on your keyboard. This will copy the photo to memory
7) In your post that you are typing, go to a new line with "enter" and then press "Edit" "paste" from the menu.
8) The webadress of your photo will now be in your post.
9) Highlight this address and then choose "Img" from the post menu
10) You will notice that "[img]" appears before and after the address - that shows that you were successful.
11) Preview your post to make dead certain.
12) Now you can include more photos if you wish. I found it the best to have the website with the photos and my posting to be both open at the same time as you then just jump from the one to the other. If you leave a space between two images they will end up next to each other . If you "enter" between photos they show up underneath each other

Hope this help. I have just learned this myself a couple of months ago and maybe the down to earth explanation helps.
Hope to see many of your pics on the forum!
Blessings
HoepHoep

My latest trip report to Addo during June 2009:
http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34300

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:57 am 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

richardharris wrote:
Find one of DuQues's postings and follow the links!

Here is one. :lol:

Hoephoep has told it all, except for one little thing; if you use Imageshack make sure you use the link "Direct", not the ones called "For forums". Those ones give pop-unders, try to hijack your homepage etc.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Post subject: Thank you
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:01 pm 

Thank you to every one who gave advice.
I have manage last night after hours of struggle to load my first pic. I have registered with flickr on line and finally succeeded.
My first photo is visible just below my short report on my trip from Phalaborwa to Crocodile Bridge this weekend.
I will try to add more photos and would really like some comment on my photos as I have just recently joined the Photography Club and are still very much a rookie!!

Renata :lol:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:55 pm 

Hi all,

Anyone know about a good sight were I can post my wildlife photos and get some critical feedback on them?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:11 pm 

Dries,

Http://www.naturephotographers.net is a very nice site where members can give feedback. Unfortunately membership is not free (USD 39/year).

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:16 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Here in the good old RSA, the place to go to is one of the SANParks forumite's sites (Hedrus) at http://www.outdoorphoto.co.za.

A good active forum with lots of info and a positive attitude to giving feedback on photos.

Quite a few of the SANParks forumites belong to Hedrus's forum as well.

Post subject: Just saying Hi
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:11 pm 

My name is Heinrich, I curently work as a Assistant Bar Manager at a very busy 92 Bedroom Conference & Leisure Hotel in Ireland

I'm madly passionate about photography & even though I own only a 30D (I'm planning to buy the equivent of the 5D in a year or so.), and 6 cool Canon lenses and loads of accessories.

I also own,operate & maintain my own website, which I'm proud of, cause I'm selftaught with very little PC knowledge when I first started.

One of my biggest dreams is to turn pro photographer (mostly wildlife & macro) & have my own Photography Site with photo's, techniques, tips etc...

I haven't been back to S.A for about 3 years now, but I'm landing end of December for a 4 month holiday (lots of Wildlife photo's)

Cheers Everyone (going to browse the forum now)

[Link edited by DB]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:28 pm 

Welcome Heinrich!

Here we only discuss SANParks - but once you have browsed the forums I know you will choose them as your destination to visit in South Africa :D

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:34 pm 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Welcome!

As you posted in the Photography section I hope you don't mind me pointing out that the 5D is not really a camera for wildlife? The 30D will actually give you sharper photo's, and the 1.6 factor the smaller sensor gives you longer lenses for less money.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:48 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Heinrich and welcome!

(Just marking my territory here :twisted: )

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:52 pm 

I'm from Potchefstroom in the North West (born in Pretoria, moved to Potch when I was 4 years old). LOVE S.A!!!

I'm just in this cold miserable part of the world to make some money for my camera gear & a few other things.

I subscribed to this forum because of ' Wildlife Photography Enthusiast'

I'm hoping to contribute to the forum though once back in S.A with allot of cool wildlife photo's, tips etc...

Post subject: I know
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:55 pm 

I know the 5D isn't great for wildlife, but already owning a 30D, I'm opting for really wide-angle (as I think Panorama's is cool, but you don't see them often enough - especially wildlife)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:06 pm 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

A 30D with the 10-22 on it will do very nicely. I agree with your pano's, too few people make them, but if you have a look around you'll see quite a few I made. All of those were made with a 28-105 on a 30D. So with nearly a 50mm lens.
The 5D will cost you around €2500, the 10-22 "only" around €750.

Post subject: Anyway
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:55 pm 

After all said about me and a 5D (I have my reasons), I can't wait to come back to our beautifull country.

We are very blessed in the sense of natural splendour and our wildlife (fauna & flora). No other country has the variety we have.

Living in Europe, I can also say this, our South African food are the BEST ever. You can actually taste the flavour.

I think what all these different parks do is very important, and I'm hoping that these parks are always there...conserving, cause to me it seems our human ways is destroying the earth. Nice to know you can still go somewhere and enjoy nature.
I can't wait to smell dust again, being in the veld, seeing Springbokke, Gemsbokke (one of my favourite antelope), Lions, Hippo's etc... (all the animals)

Buy the way, you guys living in South Africa is very forunate, with all the troubles.

Have to go to work now, c ya!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next