Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bushkid's day trip to West Coast National Park : 6 Aug
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:15 pm 

Hi,

With the memories of my recent Kruger Trip still fresh in my mind (I'm still struggling to continue/continue my Kruger Trip postings), the possibility of a Sunny SUNday between the two cold fronts, provided the perfect excuse to visit West Coast National Coast, only 88km from Cape Town. On my first trip to WCNP 5 years ago, I had seen ostriches, more ostriches, even more ostriches and yes... a tortoise. Things could only get better. :lol:

We awoke at 7:00 to a typical winter overcast day in Cape Town and decided that we will trust the weatherman for a change and started preparing for the journey up north. We left at 09:00, while it was still very overcast. We took a leisurely drive along the scenic R27 and arrived at the West Coast gate at 10:00.

Our first was sighting was 200m into the gate. Can you guess?

No prizes for guessing. :)

We continued along the west route towards Postberg area after stopping for breakfast at Abrahamskraal waterhole. We were met by the water guardian?

Anyone know what bird is this? (I'm slowly getting into bird watching)

And then it was straight on towards Postberg, which is only open to the public during AUGUST & SEPTEMBER. Detail report to follow...

There are no predators in WCNP but which other NP has this to offer:

GORGEOUS GAME (No wonder I didn't see any previously, they were all hiding in POSTBERG)

LOVELY LAGOON

BEAUTIFUL BEACHESImage

SPLENDID SCENERY

and the stars of the show at the moment,
WONDERFUL WILD FLOWERS.

All you Kaarpies, don't miss the show, and head up north. You won't be disappointed.

PS: Watch the weather report for the next sunny day!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:12 pm 

Hi
LS and MC, Thanks for pointing out that there are predators in WCNP. This means I have to go again to see them :wink:
LS: I'll check out your post to see the predator
WC We had a great day.

While I sort myself out for the trip report find some additional pics for your viewing.

Image - Beautiful Bontebok!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]