Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stephen's Berg en Dal Sightings. KNP, June '06
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:46 pm 
Guru
Guru

:D Greetings from Berg & Dal :shock:

Yes you read correctly - not Biyamiti any more. I have in a moment of total madness :? accepted the position as Hospitality Manager at Berg & Dal and our life has had some major changes in the last couple of weeks. I am a little busy playing catch-up at the moment and have unfortunately not been able to attend to my cyber guest. Things are progressing well in terms of me understanding my new world and hopefully I will be back in cyber space in the not too distant future.

We have been very fortunate at Berg & Dal so far seeing the big five a couple of times - even leopard - as well as civet, genets and big herds of kudu. 8)

To the Biyamiti faithful - thank you for your support - it still is the best Bush camp in Kruger. Now comes the work to make Berg & Dal the best Rest camp as well.

Warm regards from the bush.
:D

Post subject: Berg & Dal Sightings
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:18 pm 
Guru
Guru

:D Greetings from Berg En Dal

Thank you very much for all the well wishes - I will hopefully see quite a number of you in the next couple of months (and be at the braai of course - to keep you all in place :wink: ). Those of you who will not be able to make it, well we will just have to post a braai for you - won't we?

Was doing a trip to Skukuza and back yesterday - had to go and see the bosses to assure them I am not just spending time in the bush.

It was quite productive, even though we saw no cats (I keep on telling me that is just a bonus when you do find them). Elephant, rhino and buffalo on the way to Skukuza and a number of other smaller stuff. Not too bad for mid-day travelling.

Coming back we were in less of a hurry and had some time to amaze ourselves in the beauty of the sun setting golden in the west - quite spectacular 8) . We saw rhino, elephant and buffalo again. We also came upon a lovely group of kudu cows with one bull. The bull had a pair of very narrow placed horns - but so elegant walking through bush.

We had a number of hyenas on the way back as well and one bitch was walking the tar road - she was almost coming back on the beautiful side of ugly :roll: . She was very pregnant as well and I would love to be at the den for the new arrivals. There are a number of very active hyena culverts on the tar road to Skukuza and most of the time at least one is out on the road.

About five km from Berg en Dal we had another group of buffalo in the road - that of coarse will help with the lion sightings as well - and we had quite a good nr of that around the last while.

Time to sign off

Warm regards from the bush :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]