Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sharifa's Kruger Trip : June 2006
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:38 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Hi All,
I am a new on the forum and this is my first post. We have just returned from the Kruger. The Traveler's tale "The myth of the pafuri Lion" was written by my husband and daughter. Anyway we entered from malalane gate at 06h00 on the 16th June and after a while turned into the S118 and saw beautiful rhino.
Thereafter we made our way to Skukuza. Did not see much but the next morning we headed for Thshokwane and on the way back on the S33 we saw hundreds of buffalo at Tinhongana dam.
Got to go now but more exciting stuff to follow.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:50 pm 

Hi Again All,

Thank you for the warm welcome and the words of encouragement. The second night we stayed at lower sabie and went on the sunset drive. We were fortunate to tick off the white tailed mongoose, the prcuoine and the pearl spotted owl on our have seen list. This owl is apparently the smallest raptor and referred to an owlet. Sorry could not get a pic.
:cry:

The next morning we headed on the H10 and saw a serval for only the second time and more or less exactly where we saw the first one years ago - it was deja vu as this one also headed for the grass before we could react.

On the S128 we saw 2 lionesse and a cub on the road. They suddenly went into stalk mode and then we realised that there was a heard of Zebra heading towards the cats and although we enjoyed the sight for an hour there was no kill. :(

We headed for Orpen dam and guess what we saw on the S32 :o Another serval and managed to get a half decent photo. Can you see it in the long grass

We now headed for the h1-2 and just before the h12 turn off we saw 3 magnificent male lions. As expected it was busy, busy ,busy but I am happy to say that everyone was well behaved and there was no hogging of the road or photos for the hall of shame. Enjoy

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]