Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: kallis1786's It's a Nice Bird! OK! KNP, Nov. '13
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:23 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Everyone :gflower:

I just got back from Kruger yesterday and I will start my TR very soon indeed.

If you have joined my previous TR you probably know me as a Suspense King, and hopefully I can keep upto my name :lol: :mrgreen:

Some of you will be intrigued on why this title, which will be answered ryt at the end of the Trip Report, and this was my first trip where I actually stopped for birds and take some photo's together with trying to ID them.

for those who are not soo bird fanatics, dont be displeased, there are many great sightings to see.

Post subject: Re: It's a Nice Bird! OK!
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:58 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

PART 1

Alright everyone.

So I guess I will start my first part of the TR right now.

My X Trail has got a full tank of petrol, and all my tires have been checked together with the oil and water, so the car is good to go.

My Trip started on Monday the 25th of November as soon as my friend's finished writing there final Matrics paper but as all my trips, I did not pack yet, nor did I do the shopping so went for a quick shopping trip, than went to the saloon :redface: :roll: as I do before all my trips to Kruger, the reason for that is

after which I packed and it was time to leave for Hazyview Image so after a 4 hours drive we were finally at Hazyview at around 20:15 Image

So before we start our first drive to Kruger in the morning I would like you to meet the 3 stars of the trip.

First I'll introduce myself if you dont know me, I am Mohammed also known as Mo by many of my friends. I was the animal expert and Kruger fantatic from the crew, and a Kruger Expert of the North.

2nd on the crew is Mini, also known as Minhaj, but has been nicknamed Mini for centuries, he is a car fan and a Ferrari Lover but somehow got nicknamed Mini by me over the past. He was also the mechanic who loves fixing things and make new inventions, only thing is, 90% of the inventions he comes up which is already made somewhere in the world.

Now for our final member called Adeel, for some reason this buddy has no nickname, so I guess Adeel will have to do. Adeel was the person who always looked at the map to see where each road will lead to and how many Kilometers, he also used to find the different names of the birds for us in the book.

3 Boyz in a 8 sleeper 3 bedroom bungalow. It was awesome. So hope everyone enjoys the Sunday and also have a Good Nights rest, because our objective of tomorrow is to be the first car at the gate which means leaving Hazyview at 5am I think :mrgreen: , Stay Tuned to find out if we were the first car at the gate and what kind of Sightings we had, it was a 13 hour drive in Kruger people, so there are some sightings to come :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:47 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Everyone.

Thanks for joining in and my X Trail is ready for a 13 hour day in Kruger National Park with the fuel tank full and all tyres checked, the car is ready

So I was at the gate at 5:15 AM and unfortunately was not the first car there since 2 cars beat me to it :( but none the less I was in Kruger so my frown quickly turned to a massive Smile :D

This is Phabeni Gate

Alright, so we were all in search for anything that comes our way, I have a theory, in Kruger don’t expect to see anything and everything rewards you, and the first sighting of almost 90% of the people in Kruger are the very Famous Kruger McDonalds.

Alright so the very next sighting after the Impala for us is a spotty

Alright so the Cheetah as a second sighting is a privilege because they are very rare in Kruger and any Cheetah sighting should be savoured and this was awesome as it was the 1st time I saw Cheetah’s soo close to the road, than the 2 cubs decided to change course instead of crossing the road, it was like they were telling mom not to take them to the other side, so the Cubs decided to sit next to our car while mom kept a close eye on us and the other cars to make sure we behaved.

So after the Cheetahs decided to disappear, we decided to carry on our way towards Skukuza for Breakfast Image while thinking about something that surely this day cannot get any better but boy were we wrong. But what could possibly be my next sighting???????????? It was a Super Awesome Sighting, but you all will have to wait while we relax for a while at this beautiful dam

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:39 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi People, Thanks so much for the comments and SORRY I did not have my Yellow Ribbon during the trip :sori:
PART 2
So as we carry on our drive from the Dam not seeing anything at all there, besides a Fish Eagle but unfortunately I deleted my photos from the morning’s drive before breakfast but we will get to that later, oh yes, and before I forget, I saw these 2 sleeping beauties somewhere along the N4 heading towards Durban

Seeing these creatures lying so peacefully was just amazing to watch, and I went into deep thought with my X Trails engine off thinking if in 10 years time when I have a life partner and maybe a little son/daughter, will I still be able to bring them to Kruger and hope that we will spot a Rhino or will I be saying that once upon a time I used to see a magnificent creature roaming the Kruger known as a Rhino  Hopefully our conservation efforts will win the war and Rhinos will be seen by many of our future generations

Now our next sighting is almost unbelievable and the fact that my photos are deleted makes it even more unrealistic. Anyway we stopped by to look at some Impala’s and while we were looking at these Impi Warriors and the wonderful cute little babies of these Impala’s, now Mini decides to look around with Binocs at the same time I spotted something on the Tree, but yet said nothing, but than Mini comes up with a statement saying ‘GUYS YOU WONT BELIVE THIS!’ So I was like you saw a Leopard neh, and he was like how did you know, am like I spotted it before you, so he was slightly upset with me because I spotted it without the binocs :mrgreen: so we all saw the Leopard with the Binocs and I took a pic of it before it climbed down the tree which we saw it clearly, after it climbed down, it disappeared to some mysterious place, maybe also the N4, so I had a sneaky feeling that it may come to hunt these Impi Warriors but after waiting for about 45 mins, with no sign of the leopard and now my stomach started making a rumbling noise :redface: which was saying that Boss, we need to eat and ASAP, so we decided to leave it in the hopes that the Leopard did not actually hunt the Impala’s but found another place to rest.

So we carried on our marry way with a morning start like this, with Cheetah’s, Leopard, Impi Warriors and cant remember our Rhino sightings all too well, because I think I saw them on the N4 :hmz: but we saw this wonderful sightings of a whole load of beautiful women and being 3 boyz aged 20, 18 and 18 we could not have asked for a better sighting and I completely forgot about my hunger :mrgreen: :whistle:

After these beautiful women disappeared into the bush, we decided to carry on, and we were greeted by Fred, and Fred and I had a good old convo about how was everything but after I told him am a Forum member, he changed his head around and looked the other way, which left me thinking for a while that why could this have happened, but now I found out my answer that I did not have my Yellow Ribbon so Fred was disgusted with me :roll: , but I did apologise to Fred that in a hurry I forgot about it completely, but did he forgive me? That you will find out the next day.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:55 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Everyone :hello:

I would just like to apologise as our X Trail has been stopped for a while at Skukz, and while I was at Skukz, we decided to meet my good old buddy Nkuna people who works as a Ranger at Skukuza who takes visitors on Drives or walks through the Bush of Kruger and he is better known as Crazy as this is the name he uses so that tourist can pronounce it easily, so we had a good breakfast at the Banana Restaurent where as always I ordered a toasted egg with no bacon together with chips and cappuccino.

So we discussed our morning sightings with him while he discussed his morning walk with us, and then he asked us what was our plan, so I told him that I wanted to drive South towards Croc Bridge, take the S25 and exit from Malalene Gate but then he said we will never make it, so he gave us a route which was to drive South to Lower Sabie and from there take the S21 from which we drive towards Numbi Gate, and that was the route decided upon but just thought I would share some pics of us at Skukz before we start our drive towards LS.

Thats me.

That is me trying out my photography skills

Alright people, so we will carry on with our drive very soon and this time I promise not take such a huge absence, and we will start our journey very soon.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]