Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 2 of 2
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: First visit to the Kruger WOW !!!!
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:18 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

:k :gflower: Trrp-trrrrrrrr

Been missing for a few days work has become a pain and the internet also. So here is some more critters for you all :D

Some of the other animal we encountered on our trip to SA.
Lovely male nyala these came very close to our accommodation they entertained me for many hours.

This next sequence is a female Nyala with some kind of fruit? I was in stitches watching her trying to crush it to eat. The final one the look says it all.

In this shot she reminds be a one of the Gremlins from the movie :wink:

Such a satisfied grin in crushing it finally :hmz: do critters grin?

A zebra with very unusual markings

Lions were a little hard to photograph here they are also very pale coloured.

Next a nice pair of Nyala

2 nice male giraffe

And another having a cool drink not the most flattering shot

Ok thats your lot for this episode :tongue:

7-11 Satara
12-15 Olifants
16-19 Lower Sabie
20-22 Croc Bridge

Post subject: Re: First visit to the Kruger WOW !!!!
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:59 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Ok the page has turned :D With thanks to Sparrow and her kind words.

As I earlier wrote we had some close encounters with elephant some more close than others!!! This first picture and a bit blurry was taken out on a drive. When this one decided he did not like the vehicle so promptly chased at break neck speed :big_eyes: quick stick it in reverse hence the blur.

We had stopped to watch a herd of about 20-30 elephant in the distance. The ranger had said we could all get out of the vehicle and have refreshments :D . The elephant had been going away from us but had circled back round towards us. But as I have wrote before these particular elephant are very calm with people so the ranger told us, it seems to be quite unique to this area why???? no idea. They seemed to all of a sudden be all around 1 minute 100 mts away the next nearly hugging you. Well I was happy :cam: at these close ups. When 1 youngster started to trumpet and show he was boss (little stinker) which made everyone clamber back in the vehicle or hug the sides trying to look invisible :lol:. Me I stood my ground thinking if I am in danger the ranger guide will say so. So it was me and the ellie he kept mock charging and backing up and I kept :cam:

My SO had the video on his phone :wall: but not on the video camera :roll: The american family thought the guide and I were the craziest and bravest people they had ever met :redface: All I can say is Patrick (guide) knows what he is doing and kept saying that's a good shot so I carried taking pics. I never felt in any danger for 1 minute if was such a adrenalin rush. Never will I be able to be outside a vehicle and so close to a wild ellie again. Unless I go back and then the chance may never be available.

Later on in the drive on the boundary fence this one just walked straight out (hard brake.) Elephant really have no road sense :tongue: and he kept coming closer and closer. The older of the 2 american ladies was trying get as far away as her seat would allow.

As one of my saffy friend said "You can count the wrinkles if you get bored" on the last pic :tongue:

Ok I hope you all enjoy :gflower:

7-11 Satara
12-15 Olifants
16-19 Lower Sabie
20-22 Croc Bridge

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2