Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Roger the Dodger's Yo Ho here we go!!! KNP, May '13
Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:04 pm 

It's Friday 10 th May 2013 3.00 pm and I can't wait for another hour and a half to leave work and be on another adventure to Kruger.

Will do all the shopping and packing tomorrow and hit the road early Sunday morning.

Going via Dullstroom, the Strydom tunnel and Orpen to spend 5 nights at Olifants.

Hope to meet moose1 there, he's at Balule that time. Or any other Yellow Ribbons that we may meet on the road.

Will attempt my first trip report when we get back.

Cheers all !!

Post subject: Re: Yo Ho here we go !!!
Unread postPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:38 pm 

OK so I'm back.

Kruger was an adventure of phenominal proportions agin.

Just got to get back to the Rat Race and I'll start letting you all join our adventure.

Thanks for all the replies and good wishes.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:47 pm 

Ok so I know the popcorn is stale and the cold drinks warm and flat, but better late than never.

As this is my first TR please bear with me and tell me " where the hell is the spell check " ?

So May arrived and we packed the Gogga - now that's a story.

Shortly before we went to KNP my extremely better half bought a new little ????. We debated whether to use it or not for our trip. Would it be big, comfortable and powerful enough ???

Well as many of you know when you venture into KNP there are pots, pans, cutlery, FOOD FOOD FOOD, clothes, abulution goodies et etc etc.

Well we put down t6he back seats, packed it all in ( there was still space :hmz: ) and off we went.

To let you all know space - there was enough, comfort - there was more than enough, power - more than enough and ECONOMY WOW !!!!

Testing inserting pictures

The trip from Primrose Germiston via Witbank, Dullstroom - scrumptious brunch and great coffee at Pickles - Strydom Tunnel to Orpen Gate was a breeze.

Checked in efficiently and on our way to Olifants. Couldnt dawdle, but usual road blocks were everywhere.

OK thats a taster for now ( to see if I got it right ).

Much more to follow..

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:16 pm 

FAC Member (2013)
Award: Newcomer of the Year (2012)
Roger the Dodger wrote:
As this is my first TR please bear with me and tell me " where the hell is the spell check " ?

No joy with that on the forums my friend :tongue: . I can however suggest the following: Do your trip report in Word ( you upload pic's to photobucket/Flicker etc. as you would normally do and copy the link as per normal and paste in your word document where you want it) and then just copy the whole story with pic's and all and paste it in the post reply on the forum :thumbs_up: . The only thing to do before you preview and post is to space your post between story and pic's :dance: . Does it make sence :hmz: .

Great start to your trippie and Gogga is not bad at all :thumbs_up: .

Last edited by barryels on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]