Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 4 of 4
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Kruger live! DB & Hawk report'in
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:38 pm 

Phokojwe wrote:
Lol, seems like you having all the fun DB. I would gladly swop just day with you...even if it just to stare at that grass all day ;)

Just for you Phokojwe, more grass :twisted:

I am sitting on the verandah of a perimeter bungalow at Letaba at the moment (just a few metres from the fence on the river side of camp).

We arrived here yesterday. After unpacking (we were able to book in late morning) we took a swim in the lovely blue pool to try and cool off (and do some intensive training for the cricket - me that is!). We then had another very special forumite meet, a braai with Wild@Heart!

After nearly melting in the heat yesterday, the rain all night was very welcome, and today the cool and rain is refreshing. I think we need to set off to my favourite place now to see if my cottage is being built there. I hope with all the renovations going on here at Letaba too, SANParks has not forgotten to build my cottage :shock:

(Interesting to see that all cottages being renovated are being fitted with new geysers, and heat pumps to save electricity :clap: )

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:04 pm 

Guys, I am not ignoring previous comments, but I need to share 'the now' ......

At the end of the coming week, we would have spent 3.5 of the last 12 months in Kruger. Even I need to ask myself 'why'. Its simple, being in this place touches my very soul. There are moments each day, simple moments - the call of a bird, a smell, the fresh morning, sunset, a call or sound .... each touch me at some point.

We are now at Satara, in a bungalow in a circle. We opted to stay in camp for sunset. As night fell, the active and noisy birds fell silent, and the constant back and forth flying ceased. Within minutes, three birds settled on a branch in a thorn tree here above me. And as I write this, sleep a hornbill, starling and dove together, within 30cm on a branch.

How amazing is that? That is the X factor of Kruger for me.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:36 pm 

Back to my favourite subject for now (only for a little while though, next up is the Cricket!) ...

Hilda, I also wondered about these miniature buffs :|

Carol, still tiger hunting .... :twisted:

Foxy, only an angel can come up with such a bright idea!! Next time, lawnmower on roof carrier, watch!

Jaco V, Hawk says hi :) I am preferring the ripe marula fruits for my medicinal purposes right now :whistle:

Barry, Kruger is VERY green still. More rain last night.

Pumbaa, thank you and also very much hope to meet up with you again!

I think this chappie overheard me mention Foxy's lawnmower idea to Hawk. His mouth just hung open ...

Maybe this is the result of the Marula Fruits (the fermented ones) but I swear the very bushes have horns :shock:

And this lady decided to show off her manicure, just briefly - or maybe it was a little 'o la laaa' for her mate lying next to her.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4