Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 3 of 3
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Sandy and Silver Bird:City Slickers at it again
Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:42 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

After really cold night we wake up early as we are planning to drive all the way home from Nossob!!!! After deicing the car we head out the gate and start the long drive home. Will we see anything special on our last drive?

Well the “brown blob” from the night before made a reappearance!! BROWNIE :dance: :dance:

Just after Jan se Draai we come across some stunning Young Lions.

They start to look at us with real intent... :lol:

Suddenly two of them got up close and personal. They must have liked something in our trailer. Silver Bird took some photos showing their “interest” in us!

At this point we decide the wise choice of action is to rather move off. We heard tales of feisty lions chewing tyres! :big_eyes: :big_eyes:
From my position in the car I took these shaky pictures in through the mirror. It was a scary few moments but a great story to share.

My what big feet you have??? and you are not even fully grow! :big_eyes: :big_eyes:
We definitely wont enter here!
:naughty: :naughty:
Our last sighting just before we get to Twee Rivieren is a happy Bateleur family

and baby!

What a fabulous time we had in our most beautiful and beloved Kgalagadi. This place that gets under your skin and makes you loose your heart in the sands that blow in the wind.
Thank you to all of you that stayed with us on our adventurous report. I look forward to reading all of your adventures!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3