Tell us about your breathtaking experiences in the parks

Moderator: hilda

Jose
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Freda's Sightings : KNP 17-19 Feb 2006

Unread postby Jose » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:21 am

Just in...
No wild dog or cheetah on the S65, only a leopard.
In the road.
Last edited by Jose on Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Freda
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Freda » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:02 pm

Home safe and sound after a much too short visit to Kruger, fortunately my friend thinks she has found 'the love of her life' and will need transport to White River again very soon, who am I to refuse :roll:
The park is looking great but the long grass, especially the thatching grass around Pretoriuskop can be quite frightening when you are alone. I encountered a breeding heard of ellies on a very narrow sand road near Pretoriuskop, S8 I think, had to do a not so quick turn round, about a 13 point turn, only to see a mum and baby crossing the road in front of me, mum carried on into the veld but baby stopped and flapped it's ears, it was just about my weight but I still couldn't wait for it to follow mum and let me get out of there.
Had 2 yellow ribbon sightings :D, met Elsa & SO on Saturday and this morning a car without a ribbon waved me down and it was Ton and Herma. Great to meet forumites and I thanked T & H for leaving one leopard for me.
As others have said the birds seem to be scarce but I did have a nice sighting of a secretary bird in a tree and the woodlands is still calling everywhere.
I didn't see buffs and not one single kudu but saw 3 lions, 5 rhinos, my own leopard, too many ellies and lots of other game.
Have one very sore sunburned drivers arm but can't wait to go back.

Return to “Travel Tales”