Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Massimo KNP - A relaxing break! July 2012
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:05 am 

Kruger National Park! A place that one can go to relax and enjoy nature and that is just what we did! So on Thursday to Sunday we headed off to the park to get away from city life! We stayed at a lodge that is situated inside Kruger (can i mention the name of the lodge and am i able to post a few pictures of this lodge during my trip report?) and it was great! sightings overall were awesome and the highlight of our trip was two sightings. The one was a leopard and the other was sunset dam (wow its awesome when its buzzing with activity).

So stay tuned for day! :) :thumbs_up:

Post subject: Re: KNP - A relaxing break!
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:40 am 

Welcome aboard everyone. Let the trip begin.

On a cold Winters morning we were up at 3:30am as it was time to head of to my home away from home - Kruger :dance: :dance:

The drive down was very enjoyable and before we knew it we had checked into Numbi Gate and got our gate pass :). Now the entrants to the lodge that we stayed at is just before Numbi gate but inside the Main gate of Kruger. So we turned around and went to see the lodge.

Welcome to Nkambeni Tented Lodge.
This lodge is based within the Kruger National Park boarders and wow what a lodge it is! We arrived at reception and got our keys to tent number 8:

The room itself is just what you need. Had two comfortable beds, indoor as well as double outdoor shower, coffee making facilities and a truly African experience ...

The bamboo part is the out door shower :)

But the best part of the our room was this: :dance: :dance:

It overlooked the Kruger National Parks wilderness! It was breath taking!!

We decided to leave our stuff in the room (but not the camera :) ) and we headed off to see what else the lodge had to offer and this is what it had:

The swimming pool that over looks a watering hole where elephants and seen often, hippos and the another member of the big 5 :)!

The Dinning area

The lodge from the pool

So it was time that we headed off into the park to see what Kruger will have to show us and boy were we glad with what we saw! :whistle: :whistle: Stay tuned for the drive :tongue:

Post subject: Re: KNP - A relaxing break!
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:54 pm 

cheetah2111 wrote:
Looks like a shweet place :cool:
Did you guys drive on general Kruger roads? :hmz:

Hey Cheetah2111 a shweet place indeed!! Yes we traveled on the kruger roads. We went through Numbi gate turned right at the first sand road. Went all the way up to the tar road, then went toward phembeni gate and then we took a no entry road which they are allowed to take and there was a huge road block of buffs on it so we had to turn around.

We also took a no entry road on the S1 that leads to this awesome lake that the general public is allowed to visit. It was awesome!! We also went on a night drive which they are allowed to do inside the park :) Will continue with my posts tomorrow as all my pictures are on my home pc and not my work one!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]