How to...Host your photos on http://www.photobucket.com
1. First thing you have to do is Register on their website. It's free and easy, all you need is a username, a password and an email address. Choose the free option for 2GB of storage, which should be enough for 1000 photos. However there is a limit on the bandwidth of 10GB per month (see an explanation here
). To preserve your bandwidth usage, it is best to resize your photos before uploading to Photobucket.
2. Start the upload process by clicking on the Upload link on the menu.
3. Select the file(s) you want to upload by clicking the Browse Files button. This displays a dialogue box which allows you to select the photos from your PC. Once you have selected your photo(s) click the Open button to continue.
4. The forum has a maximum size for photos of 800x600. Photobucket doesn't offer a selection of sizes like Flickr but it does offer photo editing functionality. Just click the Edit button from the menu, select the photo from the dialogue box.
4a. Then select Resize from the Edit menu
4b. Enter the dimensions you want the photo to be (please note maximum allowed on the forum is 800x600).
5. When all your photos have been loaded click on one of them and you will see a menu called Image Links on the right hand side of your screen. Click on the IMG code and it will copy the picture for you.
5. The final step is to go to your Trip Report (or any other post), and 'paste' the picture in your text.
And you should now have a photo in your TR.
(PS. Make sure you have the "Disable BBCode" option unticked)Tutorial written by saraf and roaneric.
Want to say Thank You
or Well Done
to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu