Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 5
 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Mgoddard From being bushwoman to Kruger with a few B's?Aug11
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:18 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Almost time for me to get on that plane.....but unlike previous years when posting a "live" report, this year Im going to have a HOLIDAY and will only post highlights every day or when I can....

An explanation for my wonderful friends out there (some who will be with me in Kruger) to explain the meaning of my Trip Reports "Heading"

1. Bag.....My camerabag :D
2. Bag...My makeup bag :D
3. Bag...My nail bag :D
4. Blower...My hairdryer :D
5. BB...My Black Berry :D
6. B - Beer :D :D
7. B - Beer :D :D

I did not want to shock my friends without prior warning....so now this is warning enough....I need a little bit more time in the morning for getting my hair and make up done...and once a week I need to groom my nails...unfortunately I could not find a B to include my foot spa???? Maybe one of you can give me a B for Pedicure and Manicure.....

Im going to Kruger and will be groomed all the time!!!!! No more bushwoman in a hat!!!! Wish I could drive with my high heels, but far too uncomfortable...so I will leave that for parading around the camp at night!!! :D

This is going to be an awesome and so very different trip for me....relax, relax and relax...and obviously grooming myself while listening to the sounds of the birds and bees!!!

Post subject: Re: From being a bushwoman to Kruger with a few B's?
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Thank you Matthys, DB, anne marie, VVSG, Macchappie, click clikc, Flutterby, PetraJ, cheetah2111, vlakvarkvrou and Chappie :D

My heart is very sore about Macchappie and Chappie not joining me as planned..... :( but as said to Chappie just now....who knows why we get these curve balls in life? Maybe to make the next visit so much better?? Noel and Anne.....you will be with me every minute of every day...and I thank you so much for the support and love over the last year....for listening to me when I was sad and doing the countdown with me from 28 weeks ago... :)

AND I forgot to most important B

Bra's.........no more hanging ....but perky things distracting my eye sight :redface: :redface:

I know this is a family forum....and hope I dont get into trouble with this one :shock:

My bags are packed....55kgs without my camera bag....really hope I have a "very, very friendly person at the check in counter :) :)

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:54 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hello. I'm in south africa and eventually got this black berry internet sorted out! Please excuse any misspellings and bear with me trying to post from a very small keypad. 3 days till I pick up MIL from airport and we on our way! Thanlks for all the replies many of u that I came to know from the blog. Is that fenwickh ? Ihaveacrtazy mom what a great sense of humour u have!! DanieS thanks for the nice words and I hope I don't dissapoint any with my report. VVSG and SO can't wait to see u on Friday!

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:25 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Thank you all for the replies and well wishes! At the moment we MIL and I, are relaxing at my Bush House in Marloth...Sorting out a few things while watching the Zebras, Guinea fowl, birds, Giraffe and Duiker wandering around the waterhole. Tomorrow we drive into Kruger and will be at Biyamiti for 2 nights, then Olifants 1 night and Skukuza 1 night and back here to my house for 3 days before I wander into Kruger again.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:46 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Good Morning All!! Had a few lovely days in Kruger with one day seeing 17 lions! Got a glimpse of a leopard on our way out yesterday to complete the Big 5 in one day for MIL. Now back at My Bush House in Marloth, waiting for click click to arrive and Tuesday we are back in Kruger until the 30th September :D :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:17 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Very hot and long drive from Marloth to Letaba yesterday! Lots of swimming elephants, rhinos, BBJ and a few lions. Today I'm relaxing at camp at one of the huts to the right of the restaurant with a lovely view over the river!

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:44 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Balule wad magic. Sightings very slow but I loved it. Sitting at Satara with forummites VVSG and Hilda and an AFRICAN WILD CAT just walked passed our braai,! Inside camp!! Got a pic!!

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:12 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Back from roodewal bush camp where we had no signal for cell or internet. I did not drive much as lots of preparing meals and cooking. Got back on the road yesterday and can brag a bit with 38 lions and 3 leopards!!! Not bad for 2 days driving. Now at LS with wonderfull friends and can't wait for what kruger can show me,!!!

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:48 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Had a great weekend with very good friends. Sat with a Cheetah for more than a hour yesterday, had a thrilling experience of 4 male lions fighting and today just relaxing around sunset dam. You will have to wait for pictures until I'm back in Doha on the 13th October!

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:32 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Will definately reply to all ur questions and comments when back in doha. Now just relaxing at croc bridge. Thought I would have a night by myself after saying bye to very good friends but got forum member Moose with me. What a shock!! She is a VEGETARIAN!! Now what?? Quickly put patatoe, oniion and corn on the fire. Hope she eats enough!!

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:34 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Had a blistering hot day here at CBridge yesterday with temp going to 39 Degrees! Sightings are slow, but did see lions stalking and chasing Zebra this am. Too much bush in the way, so pics not good.

Enjoying the company of Norma and John and Moose! The cooking for a vegetarian not so bad as long as I can have the vegs, but the monkeys raided my fridge this am while I was out and I came back to broken eggs, cucumbers, tomatoes, avo's, pineapple etc all over the place! :( :evil:

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:06 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Had a lovely sighting of a leopard yesterday not far from Croc Bridge. Although far away, it was lying in a tree in the open! Left Croc Bridge yesterday with friends Norma and John and spend the night at My Bush House in Marloth.

Lots of thunder and lightning, but unfortunately no rain here. Now waiting for the girls to arrive from Cape Town and Jhb and Sunday we are back in Kruger! :D :D

Sunday - PKop
Monday - Skukuza
Tuesday - Biyamiti
Wednesday - Olifants
Thursday - Satara

Then back here for 1 night before I have to sadly leave the bush behind and return to Doha on the 12th :( :(

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:54 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

A slow start from Marloth this am and a long slow start from Croc Bridge. Quite a bit of policing on the road, which was nice to see. CC
lose
e to PKop a pack of wilddog with pups who almost made us late for the gate! Hopefully up at 5 tom and see some good siightings !!

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:58 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Sitting at Skukuza guest cottage 223 what a magical place! Went for quick drive this am before driving to the airport to fetch newbie to kruger and saw same pack of wilddogs as yesterday with the pups running all over fighting over and playing with a duiker head!! The newbie Also known as the "monkey" got the thrill of his life when we came to same wilddogs chasing Impala!! Big storm brewing so I muist get going with the fire. Hopoefullly tom more exciting sightings!!i

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:56 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Left Biyamiti yesterday in light rain and very black clouds. It turned out to be a very exciting day in Kruger. A glimpse of a leopard, fish eagle with big fish, honeybadger (too quick for a pic). Cheetah with a kill, 11 lion cubs on rocks and a lion stalking and chasing Impala! Now sitting in the sun at Olifants warming up and can't wait to c what Kruger will show us today

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next