Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Me Skarabee SOUTH KNP TALK SHOW HOSTED BY NATURE Aug 11
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:33 am 

My "tale" is a bit different, sort of an "interactive dialogue" between nature and me.
I hope no body is going to be offended. Please read it with a tongue-in-the-cheek and let it
stimulates your creativity. It will be delivered in several "chapters", namely:

Part 1: Bold and the Beautiful (exitement of the first few hours in the park)
Part 2: Lessons Learned (featuring an albino buffalo)
Part 3: Wander and Waste (things that we don't want to see)
Part 4: Food and Fire
Part 5: MisHaps
Part 6: Funny Reds
Part 7: Rare Moments (featuring a cheetah)

The Bold and the Beautiful

1.1 At Malelane Entrance Gate, there was this lady, with the bright pink curlers in her hair, welcoming us (Aug 2011)

[Image

1.2 There were three elephants, the mama elephant and .....Ag, you know the story.
They did not eat their porridge and end up being bum supporters. (Malelane Entrance Gate, Aug 2011)

1.3 On the way to Gardenia Get-out-point, this ballet dancer of the “S114 South KNP Performance Group”,
was preparing for the next show. Sorry did not get his signature. He was so busy raving about his new costume,
the new swift speckled undercoat range from Weavers. Look a little bit hawkish if you ask me. (Aug 2011)

1.4 Getting old has challenges. I asked my hairdresser, how best he can fix the “getting grey life stage”.
He suggested a few options, and I chose this. Kind of sexy and a give a richness I think,
this darker tone of grey on top....
a touch of Paynes Gray, he mentioned. He must know, because he is an artist. Hope the ladies like it...a
nd if they think I am as rich as Onassis – that is a bonus. (Aug 2011)

1.5 Being a model for the “Napi Water Magazine” is not always easy – pose for hours ...
and then they mess it up with “photo shop” – too much green colour, if you ask me”. (Transport, August 2011)

1.6 I am B Buck - a full time model at Afsaal. Part of the job is always to look good, since many visitors drop in –
even from oversees! I have created this dotted- eye- line- look. I like minimalism in body art.
I have noticed that some humans don’t know where to draw the line (s).

1.7 Hope you also like my beauty spot.

1.8 Another full time celebrity at Afsaal, the Ow(nl)y. taking part in the Backward-Neck-Sleep
marathon contest of South KNP. No flashes, no speeches, no jokes distracted him(her?)....
Displaying truly BMT (Big match temperament).

1.9 I was out in the veld, doing shopping for my girl friend. I have picked this flower for her.
Hope she likes it too.

1.10 OK! You have noticed that I have not cleaned my ears properly. What you must understand,
it is the striking season. Labour, specifically the “De Bug Removal Service Union of South Africa” (DLRS USA ),
is joining other forces, against MessBart and Co. Our Rhinos are going... what next?
You know, she is with me on this.... I guess..... :think:

1.11 You are not convinced? OK.... maybe I must do something... Do you think this trick will cover it up?
Best what I can do for now.

Last edited by Me Skarabee on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: SOUTH KNP TALK SHOW HOSTED BY NATURE: [u]Part 1 The Bol
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:27 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Award: Best/Funniest Forumite Name of the Year (2012)
Me S,
Welcome :D :dance:
This TR looks like its going to be very interesting and lots of fun.....waiting for the next installment :dance: :popcorn:

For those forumites who did not attend the Gauteng Meet with the Prings at Rietvlei July 2011, the lady standing in front of Dan is Me Skarabee. Dan's SO Catmatix is standing behind Dan :lol:

The photo was taken by TheunsH

17/12/2014-01/01/2015

Post subject: SOUTH KNP TALK SHOW HOSTED BY NATURE PART 2 LESSONS LEARNED
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:42 pm 

Part 2: Lessons Learned
You want to see our newest gadget... the “all-in-one”? No more paper wasting... and very “green”. I know you see pink, I mean green like in environmental friendly

It is still a little bit new for me. Just be patience. I just have to touch the right button and (sc)roll it correctly....

Walla! It is a serviette, handkerchief and mirror in one! And have you noticed, not a drop on my neighbours hair do. It also fits nicely in one’s mouth – so that it is always ready for use. How conveniently? We market it as the “T3TT” (Tongue 3-Tidiness Tool)”. The mirror is a bit small, but the idea is just to check that the wig is still in place.

You know, we like to experiment. But sometimes things can go strangely wrong. What happened, shame, we mistakenly bought “ Jik “(bleach) instead of colour shampoo at Berg-en-Dal shop. Just wanted a little bit of golden-brownish on the coat..... But I must say it did wonders for the wig-horns. No need to comb anymore... And that middle “paadjie”... A real safari killer ....

.... and the best spin off... the T3TT got an authentic finishing... marble pink! And freckling oulike (cute) eye contours to die for. It makes the others so zealous...!

.... And she tried ear piercing. When they asked how she wanted it... she suggested “fanning” .

Thanks for the warning and sorry, I came from the other side and did not notice the no-entry sign. But you know, I wish the Rangers will realise that we giraffes don’t do the “low levels” as the other animals do. For now, I will pretend that I am pruning... may be, others will not notice. Enjoy your trip to Matjuli. (Aug 2011)

I presume you want to know where my legs are. They are just where they are nor-mal-ly. My cousin is talking nonsense that we are not doing the “low levels”. Of cause we do – just as with you humans, it is like licking your fingers. You don’t’ always do it in public, but I have notice that behaviour when you have enjoy your “skaap tjoppie” (lamb cutlet)

Post subject: Re: SOUTH KNP TALK SHOW HOSTED BY NATURE
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:18 pm 

Part 3: Wander and Waste This is not for the sensitive - be warned.

3.1 These humans, they don’t respect my blue uniform. I am a one Star(ling) officer - all day on duty and visible!
But they P&P all over, and ignore me. Leave this WWNN (White Wet Nonsense Notes) right in front of Gardenia Get-out-Point.
What must we do with it? We cannot use it; when it is wet, it stinks, when it is dry, it flies all over.
Thought of it, it seems as if the flies find it intriguing. Wish these people would rather join the WWF and get swept away.
You must see what they did at Stevenson Hamilton...(Aug 11)

3.2 Not even respect for the fore fathers – and cultural and history. Right there where you want to walk....wonder why...
or may the reason to be “silence” ”... keep your mouth shut for the flies.... ?

3.3 Then I noticed... there must be a symbol and/ or instruction missing in the middle of the notice board!
May be they needed to be reminded...... A sign with the words " YIELD YOUR P & P"

3.4 Alas, we all make mistakes and one must always start with yourself....keep your house in order, as they say.
Here, nature did not switched the night light off! How many moons ago, we had a meeting where we discuss and agreed.
Day time, the sun is on duty. Night time, the moon is on duty. But I guess somebody forgot to update the shift schedule....
or maybe they swop jobs or change duty sheets... I was not at the last meeting. Must get my act together and
buy a “Aard-ander” (calendar). It is after all 2011, and I heard unbelievable stories about weather changes. (8 Aug 2011)

3.5 This is how to do it. Not white notes that the wind can blow away and you don’t know where you have left it!
Stick to one place and see that it makes white contouring strokes... When you have mastered it - It is artwork at its best.
All at Lower Sabie saw and admired it. Although, there are those that want it a bit upstream – too graphic they say,
despite being so authentic. (Aug 2011)

3.6 Again, not all of us are orderly and systematically.... some get totally lost in trying to solve a problem and to create something.
I eage(r)ly want to show you MY “H4-1” ... but if only I can find it, I want to show you what I have made of it .....
May be it is in my stomach..... Sorry ... that will take now a while before I can produce it .... (Aug 2011)

NOT: In case you wonder where is Part 2 - it was postes as a "new posting" - I still have to figure out you to get it on this posting.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:37 pm 

Part 4: Food and Fire (This part is about the grim side of life - but, don't worry - it will become better again.
Put on some music from Bach to "feel" the mood)

4.1 Reporting - live on the devastating veldfires in South KNP, Hage Awk from Nhlanganzawani for Tree Top Radio:
Criminal! Vandalism! And many gone to ashes. Veldfires robbed the local inhabitants from their food.
Some had to flee to neighbouring areas and you know how the system works. Authorities said they can go,
but there are those local ch(i)efs...the gate keepers. If they don’t like someone, just because you smell different,
they chase you away or hide food. sources or make the distances longer.

4.2 In other areas, very noticeably, the S25 Vul Rescue Tares has regrouped at Crocodile River Road. They have been
tasked by authorities to assist with the clean up. The mood was solemn at the meeting, and a true reflection on the
tragic of winter of 2011 in South KNP..

4.3 Wandering and Wondering: Where will the next leave come from to reach the stomach? For now, the only way is
through the ashes ...on the S3 (Aug 2011)

4.4 Another concern of the low food levels is that our young are lured into criminal behaviour. This youngster said that
their mothers forbid them to talk. However, he told us (off camera) that the plan is to watch the visitors – when they
leave their huts unattended – we, young ones will pose for the photos, while the older ones will flank out and raid
their fancy food boxes. Some of them did “lock smith” courses and can open almost all types of locks. So watch your
back and your bags! (Malelane Camp, Aug 2011)]

4.5 In other areas, dry food take-away portions were available. This, I was told, is granadilla pips infused in candy floss.
Even garnished with a piece of leave-biltong on top, cleverly attached as a handle ... to be functionally as well.
Thus, catering for the vege- vores. –If you have enough food supply in your bags,
rather leave it for the more hungry. ((S120, Aug 2011)

4.6 Spare ribs can pick up for almost free. Portions are a bit big....catering for the big H1-1 belly type (,Aug 2011).

4.7 Luckily not all areas were affected by the drought. In some areas the Butcher’s Tree chain group, manages to
secure good salami stock. The local ecozone-watch group is not happy with the displaying of these products at Mall Gate.
They are from the opinion that it gives a wrong impression on what is happening behind the fences where many herbivorous
just have only bits of dry leaves and grass and cannot afford to travel to the “Malls”.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:15 pm 

Part 5: MisHaps

5.1 The crowd wants action; we are ready for the Sabie River Mile event, and the bridge spectators and
bridge judges are ready. But those damn hipo-judges and starters, they cannot agree on who must do
what. Now they are looking for what? If you asked me, they had a late night and are just lazy...
Hope next time we can get do better.... but with what? The crocs are ‘crocked’...

5.2 These baby competitions can take its toll. Here we were waiting for the H4-1 bus to take as to Lower Sabie.
Baby Phanta just ‘sommer’ lay down in my shadow. Don’t know whether she will win now – I think she might
have ruined her leather dress, but mother seems at ease. May be it is about the experience and not the winning.

5.3 We wanted to join the competitions on Women’s day, but “ai” (oh), our regular driver did not turn up
and we are running late. Now we are stuck with this “t”drunk driver. He got us deep in the ‘shmud’ and
now we have to push from the back. Hopeless! He told us that can do it just as fast as the “Gautrain”.
“Sommer” b(h)ark, I tell you! (Shithave, Aug 2011)

5.4 Goo(e)s went wrong: I wanted to experience a Turkish Bath, but it seems as if the wrong mud was
delivered... or am I now mixing up the different bathing methods? (Transport, Aug 2011)

5.5 I hoped you have turned off the micro phone when you have taken this shot? If you haven’t, it is your
problem how you use nature in your teachings to your children. Remember, I am not the model,
like my partner, I just do it my way... and if there are ‘Hammbbles’ in the bath ... so what?
(Transport, Aug 2011)

5.6 Just visited the “ele-thodonthist” , he might have a remedy. We had a ivory doctor on the “dorp” (town),
where I grew up. His advice was always, b(r)ush b(r)ush b(r)ush” and all will go well. Come to think of it,
he was probably a “dent”-ist. So cross your fingers, that they find strong enough hooks and
cables to do the job. (Aug 11)

5.7 Here at Lower Sabie, I have found the most wonderful bath house. I have put in a request for a Polly-towel.
But they said it is “dry season” First time that I have heard about this winter-cloth arrangement. So now,
I must still do the spinning technique – not even a barista can make such beautiful patterns.
Sorry, if I splashed a few drops on your lens. I did not notice you coming; otherwise I would
have turned the turbo down a bit. (Aug 2011)

5.8 Our new born is vulnerable. I have found that staying behind TrelliThorn (barb wiring), bought at Mlaleni,
gives the right protection – divert the focus a bit. Hope you understand that I will not expose
her too much now. (Aug 2011)

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:39 pm 

Part 6: Funny Reds
6.1 A bit early for the late night movies, but cleaning up after the matinee is our daily task at Pretorius Kop.
We think it is “Winter White and the Big 5” showing tonight (Aug 2011).

6.2 Open air movies can be so nature-talgic.... and so are sunsets... so ro(ape)mantic (Malelane Camp, Aug 2011)

6.3 Can you believe it! At Pretorius Kop “doping” is allowed openly. Right in front of reception area!.
They even offered me a “smoke” – said that it would not ruined my lipstick and if I like red wine – this is it!
“Parholes!”. I was so upset...It was not only the doping...

6.4 ... but also the littering. Wonder whether the smokers can be blamed for setting a bad example....?.
So please smokers, next time, think of the impression you make on parrots.

6.5 I was so impressed with the Red Impala Cleaning team – the stalwarts of KNP. They did it in their stride.
Always there, and always willing to perform. No prima donnas – like the Big 5 – that play games with the fans.
Sometimes they don’t even bother to turn up.

6.6 OK – I tried the “red wine” ... the circular bungalow formation later at night... I also heard foreign languages...
Italian, Hollands....

6.7 May be “red” means lucky... This one stepped out – not saying a word, but did the “river bank walk’
(Sabie Rivier, Aug 11)

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:49 pm 

Part 7 Rare Moments

7.1 The early bird catches the worm.....so we are taught. So we were in the queue – hoping for that rare moment
or just to see more or testing the cameras. To Shithave.... what is supposed to “happen”?
(Nikon on the go above at 06:34; and static Panasonic, at 6:30am, below)

7.2 “Jislaaik” (Golly), about time! How long do I have to wait for you? I meandered up and down Voortrekker Road.
Usually, the road is so busy, but today – I only noticed road repairing vehicles passing by.
Did I pick the wrong place for my press release? From which press are you? Hm ...“Pretoria Panther News”.
Hope you will cover my story well...

OK, I am ready ....get your photo so that I can present my case.

7.3 On this day and time (9 August at 7:02am) I once again declare this tree and its surroundings as my area.
For the record, I am not a tenderpreneur, although I am known as a “cheetah”. Quantity surveying is our family trade –
I will not take more than is rightfully mine. I want the public to take note of this land claim, so that no one can come
with their stories. Since the Voortrekker era, we cheetahs roam this land. And this is it. So off you go to publish my story,
but please use proper words and sentences... not this new SMS language as they have done at Lower Sabie. (Aug 2011)

7.4 In my days I was a school master, but am retired now. That was before the T3TT was discovered.
Anyway, through the years I saw many changes in the KNP. I also took notice of the new Phabeni Gate.
When I saw it the first time, I was puzzled... where did the inspiration come from? We don’t have bottlebrush trees
in the Park. Did the architect have a plumbing moment? (Aug 2011)

7.5 Mist draws a curtain over nature and signals the end of the talk show. My sincere gratitude towards nature
that presented a ‘pixelled’ cast. They have enter(ed) tained my mind and tickled my sole. I hope, many FORUM
viewers could have escaped in this reality. (Pretorius Kop, Aug 11).

This was a reflection of a two day trip captured with the aid of my A\amended childhood mind and
technological advanced gadgets.

THE END

ALSO MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT FROM ME TO YOU

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]