Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: CharmaineN's Nearly saw a leopard kill. KNP, Dec. '10
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:15 am 

We were in the park in December 2010 staying at Berg-en-dal. Ons Christmas day on our way to Tshokwane we were driving slowly, embracing every inch of nature. Since there was alot of baby impala at the time, being so cute and all, we stopped to watch them all cross the road. While we were sitting there watching the last one cross the road suddenly gracefully running in front of the car was a leopard. The Impala didn't even make a noise so they were clearly unaware of his presence. As he ran into the bush, my friend picked up the camera to take a photo of the leopard, suddenly realising what was going to happen,she asked me nicely to please drive. On one hand I can kick myself for driving away, since you do not see this happen often, but on the other hand I was glad I didn't stop to watch.Although it is nature and he must eat,I do not know if it is something that I really want to see.Next time it happens I will watch but close my ears so that I can hear the Impala dying. Thought I would share this little story with all.

Post subject: Re: Nearly saw a leopard kill
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:23 am 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
CharmaineN Image Image Image

Wow :big_eyes: Thanks so much for that story!! Once in a lifetime :D :D :D
My ma is the same - Doesn't want to see a kill. And it's OK to drive on :thumbs_up: The game park is there for you to look at what you want to :D
Just count yourself lucky :lol: :lol:

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]