Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: pepijn-KNP: Boomslang, lion's, cheetah and more-Jan 2011
Unread postPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:24 pm 

During my last visit in januari I filmed some nice video's I like to share.

Last edited by pepijn on Mon May 16, 2011 12:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Krugerpark: Boomslang, lion's, cheetah video's
Unread postPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:55 am 

thnx :)

video 1: A Black Mamba or Boomslang, I wasn't sure (maybe you can help), attacks a Chameleon. The Chameleon gets away but will he make it?

video 2: Lions in the krugerpark surrounding our car.

video 3: Cheetah in the Kruger National Park in South Africa. Listen to the
amazing sound this animal makes trying to find her/his partner. We saw the cheetah making this sound for 2 days at the same spot, close to Lower Sabie.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:45 am 

Awesome footage of the Boomslang and Chameleon. Its a juvenile Boomslang, and Chameleon are high on their menu.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:18 pm 

and another short one... took me about 6 kruger visits to spot the Wild Dog... YAY

Post subject: Re: KNP: Boomslang, lion's, cheetah and more
Unread postPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:43 pm 

Thanks for the warm and kind welcome to this forum, I always feel the same warmth when I visit South Africa and the Kruger. I would like to add some words to the cheetah movie.
It was early januari 2011 about an hour before gate closing time. About 15 km to the east from Lower Sabie we saw 4 cars following a cheetah who was walking on the road.
The most amazing thing to me was that all the cars made room so I could pass and we could have a good view... isn't that kind!!!
The Cheetah was making the calling sound you can hear in the video. After about 30 minutes filming and watching this beautiful animal we had to leave becouse of the
Gate Closing time... I think Gate Closing time always comes wayyyy to soon

The next morning we decided to drive back to the same spot to see if the Cheetah was still there.... and it was!!! It was laying in the grass just about 5 meters from the road. I grabt my camera.. and
in stead of filming I switched my camera to VCR and played the tape I recorded the day before. Becouse my camera has a litle speaker on it and my carwindow was open the cheetah heard it's own
"calling sound" from my tape... He/she stood up and started to answer the sound from my cameraspeaker. You can see that part in the video after 1.12 minutes.
I felt a bit sorry for the cheetah.. maybe it was wrong to play the sound.. becouse of me he/she started to desperate look for the lost mate again... but anyway I enjoyed this amazing animal!

greetz from the Netherlands

Pepijn

Unread postPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:06 pm 

Thnx all for the comments :)

and Elsa... I don't think the Cheetah lost a young. Some people in another car we spoke to told use they saw this cheetah with another adult that same day... so maybe the Cheetah is a younger animal itself and his/her mom left it alone... but it is all guessing. :?

Unread postPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:57 pm 

I found some time to finaly record my videotapes to my harddrive. I've got hours and hours of video's from my time in the KNP. So I hope you guys don't mind but I will bother you with new video's the comming weeks :lol:

Some rangers where capturing this Rhino, Don't know why but it was cool to see. The poor animal was shaking all the time.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:23 pm 

Elephants mating in the water close to Satara.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]