Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 8
 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Elzet Say what??!! Prison Break IV from Alcatents Apr 2011
Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:35 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

At the last Gauteng meet at Tshuks' abode...

Ndloti: I see the Oom is taking you camping in Tsendze?

LZ (Cognition): Say what??!!

LZ: Say what??!!

Ndloti: Oops, het ek nou my bek verby gepraat? So jammer man... Translation: Oops, you didn't know? So sorry man...

LZ: Say what??!! :huh: No! :evil:

LZ (in a whining tone): Ooo-oom, Ndloti says we are going camping in Tsendze? Is that true? :huh: :huh: :hmz: :evil: :twisted:

LZ (C): If you know what is good for you, Oom, you better deny it right now or prepare for combat. :evil: :twisted:

Oom: Oooh, yes, haven't I told you, Sweet Love of Mine?? :doh: :redface: :slap:

LZ (C): Uggh, puh-lease stop that stoepid schloep-schloeping and wake me up from this nightmare.

LZ: NO!

Oom: Ok, so there you have it, I kept it as a wonderful surprise for you, dearest wife of mine... 8) :clap:

LZ: Ndloti? How do you know?... :hmz: Now where has he gone now? :huh: :evil: Ndloti? Where are you?

LZ: We'll discuss this when we get home, Oom. :rtm: :evil: Now is not the time. :evil: :rtm:

:tongue:

Last edited by Elzet on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Say what??!! Fissure tent, lava, tephra, cryptodomes & gases
Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:52 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Sprocks, you are partially to blame for this camping spree, you realise? You told the Oom at Michel's place in January that Tsendze was THE camp in the Park. THE camp. And no denying it, I was there when you told him so two weeks before the Gauteng meet in February. :naughty: :rtm: :?

-----

That February night when we arrived back home from Tshuks homestead, the Oom got it. Pugilism. It lasted three rounds. I cornered him. Tried as I may, I was unable to deliver a KO or a TKO. (I thought that I had the advantage in the weight division, but once again, my voluptuous figure was not working to my advantage). :twisted: :tongue:

We were going to Tsendze. :evil: :( :slap:

Theuns: But we have such a lovely, huge tent, dearest. We need to use it. I mean to say, what is the purpose of having it if we don’t use it?

LZ: There is no need to use it. Why is there a ‘need’ to use it?

Theuns: We’ve never been way North. And you heard Sprocky. And Ndloti. This is the way to go. Besides, all other camps are fully booked for Easter.

LZ (C): If only you would listen to me. I told you a year ago to well in advance reserve accommodation in other camps than Balule. And I got the same old refrain: ‘Dearest, I will get around to it soon’. How many full moons are in your soons, Oom? :evil: :roll:

Over the next few days the bell tolled frequently. The Oom and I were in ‘neutral corners’, so to speak.

LO: Oh Mommy Dearest, I so love the thrill of camping. In fact, it is fantastic.

LZ (C): Argh, so sad, sweet child of mine that you don't agree with me on this one. Ok, blame it on his genes. :twisted:

Theuns: I shall pay our reservation today. Is it now ok with you if we camp at Tsendze? :huh:

LO: Oh Mommy Dearest, I so love the thrill of camping. :dance: :dance: In fact, it is awesome. :clap: :clap: And by the way, Mommy, I am thinking of taking my lifelong friend with. :dance: :dance:

LZ (C): Say what??!! :wall: :wall: :slap: :slap: :wall: :wall:

LZ: Now, now, Sweetie Pie, we shall see about that.

LO: Yipppeee! Mommy said I could take my friend with. Whoop-whoop!!

LZ (C): You definitely has your father’s genes... You can take any sentence and turn it to your advantage, my dearest beloved LO.
:wall: :wall: :rtm: :rtm:

LZ: <Sigh>

-----

A few days later:

Theuns: Most gorgeous wife of mine, I have wonderful news for you!

LZ (C): Ok, he is not so bad after all. He's going to permit me to go to a spa for the weekend. Yippee!! Whoop-whoop!!

LZ: Really, Sweetheart? :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap:

Theuns: Yebo yes, soon we will be in the bush. I paid our Tsendze reservation this morning. Yippee!! Whoop-whoop!!

LZ (C): Say what??!!

LO: Did you hear that Mommy? Yippee!! Whoop-woop!! And my friend’s mom has said it will be fine if she comes along. Yippee!! Whoop-whoop!!

Theuns: I can’t wait. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LO: 72 sleeps and counting. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

LZ (C): Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :( :( :shock: :big_eyes:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:04 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

A few days later:

Theuns: I have wonderful news for you. :dance: :dance:

LZ (C): Ok, he is going to permit me to go to a spa for the weekend. Yippee!! Whoop-whoop!!

LZ: Really, Sweetheart?

Theuns: Yebo yes, soon we will be in the bush. I was able to get a camping site in Skukz on our return from Tsendze. Yippee!! Whoop-whoop!!

LO: Did you hear that Mommy? Yippee!! Whoop-woop!! Another night camping. Bungalows are soooo boring. Yippee!! Whoop-whoop!!

LZ (C): Say what??!! Gmpfff. Time to play foul.

LZ: No!!! If I cannot stay in a bungalow in Skukz I’m not going.

LZ (C): Ha! That will teach him a lesson.

Theuns: I’ll try my utmost best to find us a bungalow in Skukz, my dear.

LZ (C): Ha! That will teach him a lesson. TKO in Rooooouuuuund Nummmmbeeerrr 153.

-----

The days to our departure slipped away. Too soon for me. :? :| Too slowly for the two members of my household and the other LO (OLO). :roll: :shock:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:19 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

A few days later:

Theuns: I have wonderful news for you, but bad news for me. :(

LZ (C): Ok, he is going to permit me to go to a spa for the weekend. Yippee!! Whoop-whoop!!

LZ: Really, Sweetheart?

Theuns: Yeah. I made reservations for a bungalow in Skukz for our last night in Kruger. :(

LZ: Yippee!! Whoop-woop!! Yippee!! Whoop-whoop!! :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:22 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Theuns: Are you sure I should not change the last night...

LZ: No!! Don't even think about it. Bungalow it is. Non negotiable. :naughty: :whistle: :twisted: :tongue:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:45 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

LQ, indeed. :shock: :big_eyes: In fact, it got more and more expensive as the journey progressed. :? :| :tongue: The Oom owed ME big time! :twisted: :dance: :dance:

Micetta :naughty: :naughty: , three nights in Balule and one night in Skukz gives me four nights in a bungalow, and three nights in a tent. Now who is in command, I say? :twisted: :tongue:

-----

A week or so before our departure I went for medical check-up appointments for anything under the sun. :roll: :redface: :redface: I was trying to get out of this one. :twisted: I thought a serious ailment and a fortnight's hospitalisation might solve a lot of problems, and let me stay in command in the household. :| :tongue:

One of the blood tests confirmed that I have now moved from peri to full. (For the men that may perhaps read here – peri as in female stuff, not peri as a spice that you put on meat). :tongue:

A week or so before our departure the Oom ran around like a mad man. :lol: :twisted: He had to do all the packing. :twisted: Buy all our stuff. :twisted: (He bought a lot of unnecessary stuff too). :slap: But that’s a story for another day. :tongue: He serviced the white elephant (trailer) vigorously. :roll: It has been his pride and joy since it was purchased. :roll: (Never thought I’ll have to compete with a trailer for attention, but hey, there you have it). :| :(

I worked long hours, and when I was not working, I was at the vets so that they could look me over. :redface: :redface: Thus I was unable to assist with any of the pre-departure arrangements. :whistle: :whistle: :twisted:

Now you may wonder why I make mention of peri-this and post-that? :? Well, there is a definite connection between the peri-this and volcanoes voluntary erupting in my body every five to ten minutes or so, remaining for approximately 20 minutes… throughout the day. :| :(

Apart from the peri-this and the post-that, I was given a clean bill of health. :clap: :roll: Well, sort of. Here and there a problem or two, that has got nothing to do with my age :naughty: :rtm: :tongue: and more likely the past two camping experiences. :twisted: :tongue: :wall:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:11 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Micetta, for those female SO's not in control of their households, it was a camp-out. :P :tongue:

Phewwwt, I'm happy that you were not around during those checkups. :redface: :redface: :roll: :whistle:

-----

Thursday morning, 21 April, saw the LO's friend, OLO, being dropped off at our house before school. Her luggage consisted of four huge bags. (Seemingly her Mom thought that I was not going to feed her properly. :slap: ). Our luggage consisted of huge crates (the Oom just had to buy another crate) :slap: and eight more bags. :roll: The Oom packed and unpacked the white elephant. I stood by. :twisted: I gave instructions. :twisted: And reminders of what to pack. :twisted: And what not to forget. :twisted: I went to the shops. It was time to take a break from all the hustle and bustle in the household. :twisted: :wink: Just looking on was exhausting me to the point where I was unable to pack my suitcase. :redface: :tongue:

At 14:00 school was out. However, we were only able to depart at ±15:00 (I mean to say, I still had my suitcase to pack at 14:00). :redface: :whistle: from a relatively coldish Pretoria.

The traffic was a nightmare. Soon after we passed the Middelburg Tollgate we heard on the radio that there was a fatal accident at said Tollgate :cry: and that the road was closed until 20:00 that night. We felt sorry for those who have lost a loved one(s), but were relieved that we were not caught at the Gate. Later that evening we spent a wonderful night with my late SIL's husband in White River. (The next day we would learn that poor PetraJ was also in an accident en route and unable to make it to the Balule cleanup).

At five on Friday we were awakened by the Oom's twin (they were also on their way to the Park). We jumped out of bed and the Oom scurried around to get everything in the car. I had a nice, leisurely cup of coffee, as I was still feeling the results of the day before. :twisted: :tongue:

Soon, and after many instructions from my side :twisted: , we were heading towards our beloved Kruger. :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: I was not looking forward to shared ablutions in Balule. I was not looking forward to camping again. I was looking forward to seeing 'mites again and perhaps meet new 'mites' faces along the way. :dance: :dance:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:13 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

At this stage the LO and OLO still got along fine, and were looking forward to their adventure...

:twisted:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:27 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Toko, welcome to this adTENTure. :clap: :thumbs_up:

-----

It was quite cool and foggy when we departed from White River. I was thankful that the weather played along, as my lil’ volcanoes (LVs) did not see the need to take a hike. :slap: :wall: :cry:

We had some rain along the way, which made me a wee-bit worried. I did not want Sprocks to put a water monitor in our bungalow :twisted: :tongue: , nor did I want all the camp-out ‘mites knocking on the door of our chalet for temporary accommodation for three nights. :tongue: I thought I knew how small the chalet would be. With the emphasis on 'I thought…' :twisted:

OLO has only been to Kruger once before, for a couple of hours during a day-trip, and she and the LO were still looking forward to our seven night stay with great eagerness. My nerves were getting a wee-bit frail. :whistle: :lol:

The first animal we saw as we crossed the bridge at Paul Kruger Gate was an elephant grazing in the river. It was a feast for our sore Gauteng eyes. :dance: :dance: :dance: Next was a family of warthogs at the Gate. :dance: :dance: :dance: As per the norm, check-in was as smooth as ever, we got our brown litter bag, and after our usual use of the ablutions, marking our territory, so to speak, off we went, :dance: :dance: with the white elephant still following us diligently.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:51 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Pumbaa, welcome to the adTENTure in the Stoepid Seven Man Tent Volcano. :clap: :thumbs_up:

-----

The Oom was in a hurry to get to Balule. :huh:

LZ: Let's stop at Lake Panic.

Theuns: Do you really want to stop? :huh: Shouldn't we move on rather? We still need to make it to Balule.

LZ (C): Yes, I know, but we still have plenty of time, and I'm not going to rush anywhere if I don't want to. :twisted: :tongue:

LZ: Yes, I really want to stop at LP. :twisted:

Theuns: I think it might not be safe. If an elephant charges...

LZ (C): twisted: You should be more scared of me getting charged up, Oom. :twisted: :tongue: Gmpff, he is using the white elephant and actual elephants to get out of this one. The excuse, aka 'I can't turn around with the trailer on a gravel road'. :doh: :whistle:

Now, part of the Oom's military training consisted of a one month training course dedicated to - yes, you've guessed it - 'handling a trailer under all conditions'. So that one did not work on me. I mean to say, I am in full command. (Micetta, take this :tongue: ).

So we popped in at LP. :dance: :dance:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:21 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hiya LS, welcome to the Seven Man Tent With A Volcano (SMTWAV). :lol: :twisted: :clap: Regrettably the backseat is occupied by LO and OLO, but please feel free to hop onto the white elephant for this ride... :lol: :thumbs_up:

Micetta, tsk, tsk. :naughty: :rtm: :tongue:

-----

It seems the warthog family at the gate was also responsible for their LO's OLO's. Seven in a sounder. :shock: :big_eyes: Phewwt, and I thought my two were rough. :tongue:

The Oom was in a hurry, so we did not idle around for too long at LP. I had to keep him thinking that he was in command. :twisted: It is called 'mind con'... uhm, let's not overrate things here on behalf of the male species, let's rather refer to it as 'control' only. :twisted: :lol: :tongue:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:32 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

After marking our territory at Skukz, we headed North. The weather was clearing up. Well, sort of. It was still relatively cool. :dance: :dance:

I am a bit :redface: :redface: to post our mik-'n-druk photos, as ours are somewhat overshadowed by other photographic artists (and their equipment) on this Forum. But here goes...

It seems that this Mom was half asleep. She probably also had a very rough day the previous day, shopping around to miss the hustle and bustle at home. :twisted: :tongue:

This one also seemed very tired after giving left, right and centre instructions. I can just picture her asking her SO: Have you remembered the diapers, the milk powder, the dummies, the sterilizers, the blue stuff to sterilize bottles with? Are you sure you took the nappy liners? :huh: No, don't pack it that way. :naughty: Rather pack it this way. :rtm: That way we have more space. :rtm: :twisted: :tongue:

Last edited by Elzet on Sun May 01, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:17 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Goodnight, swe.. uhm, wicket Micetta. Sleep tight. Yip, public holiday tomorrow. :dance: :dance: Can we skype at 03:00 tomorrow morning? :twisted: :lol: :tongue:

-----

A km before Leeupan we saw... yep, you've guessed it, lions.

These queens of the jungle also seemed exhausted. :hmz: Too much activity the day before? :tongue: :whistle:

The Oom was in his element. But so were we. In particular the OLO. Her first.

The vultures were a dead give-away. Pun intended.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:28 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Oom, some of it, ok, most of it might be your photos, but this is my thread. :twisted: :tongue: :rtm:

In future, please refer to me here as my 'Dear Sweet Beloved Wife' and not Elzet. :naughty: :rtm: :twisted:

LQ, ping or B-A-N-G! ? :lol: :lol: Sleep tight, and no nightmares recalling those wonderful three weeks of bliss. Pure bliss. :twisted: :lol: :tongue: :tongue:

-----

After spending some time with these ladies that are actually in command, as they make most kills :twisted: :tongue: on behalf of a pride, we moved on.

At Tshokwane it was time to mark our territory again. However, as we were about to enter the ladies ablutions, I heard someone mentioning something about a snake and that we should move back. Well, no one had to invite me (or the LO or the OLO) twice.

It was an enormous snake. And very aggro as it was 'manhandled' by a broom. :lol: :tongue: :twisted:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:41 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Ok, ok, this was a very small snake. Apparently a week old. (I did not volunteer to count its year rings). :lol: :roll:

We were told it was a juvenile night adder. We would appreciate someone confirming this. (We tried to confirm this with the LO's snake cards). :redface: :redface:

It was safely returned to the bushes behind the ladies ablutions (South side). :twisted:

Last edited by Elzet on Sun May 01, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next