Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: big5spotter-50 Hours of Kruger magic-May2011
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:29 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Finally my next trip is on the way with a TR for a change.

Ok so the last 6 months I wasnt on the forum allot due to exams and work etc. I finished my degree last year in Bcomm Logistics Management at University of Johannesburg and due to studying I was away and then I started working and early up everyday so I just didnt have time. Everything got a lot less hectic and I bought myself a new cars and everything seems to be falling in place for now then I had a great idea why not go to Kruger for a weekend and introduce my car to Kruger.

I cant really take leave so I am going for a weekend and actually building up leave for our Family Kruger trip in July so I got 1 night at skukuza and 1 night at lower sabie going the 30th april leaving 2nd mei.

So as I havent been on the forum of much lately I will do a small trip report to get me going again. Its sill a few weeks but why not and also the 16th of april is my birthday and lucky me its my 2nd year on the best forum out there as I registered on my B-day. So stay tuned hopefully I will bring some awesome sightings back :thumbs_up:

3 Male lions hunting buffalo: The Movie!!!

Post subject: Re: 50 Hours of Kruger magic
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:09 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

The time has finally come. All packed and ready to go :mrgreen: :mrgreen: its my shortest trip ever but better than nothing. And when I come back I have another trip in July waiting with the family and for a much longer time. I just cant wait for all the sounds especially at night. I will hopefully be in the car in around 6hours planning on leaving at 3am.

I will be back in a couple of days and hopefully bring you loads of pics and great sightings untill then............ :popcorn:

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:03 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Thanks for the replies everyone but its very hard to enjoy knp now I am already 60km on my reserve tank of unleaded and the whole of the park does not have fuel and they not sure when it will be delivered it should have been this afternoon but total had a delay so they said they hope it to come through the night otherwise I dono what to do?so looks like my short trip will be spent in camp waiting to get fuel and then leave for home monday morning so ja hold thumbs please or help if you know of someone close by or anything I need around 5-10l of unleaded to get to the closest garage

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Unread postPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:22 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi everyone I am home safely I got fuel from another forum member Brian Schrenk as he is known on the forum I just want to give a great big THANKS to him and his wife for there effort and time to bring me 26Litrs of unleaded which got me a great sighting later in that day and to there kindness they are really friendly people and another Big thanks to elzet and wactazz also for taking the time to organize fuel although I only got their messages later just wana say thanks for there time and effort aswell.

Ok I am back safe and as soon as the pics are sorted my TR will start. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:38 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Finally arrived.

Day 1 Part 1

Ok we left my house at 3am me and my GF. We arrived at malelane gate at 07:30 so it took me 4 hours and 30minutes would have been atleast 30min sooner if it wasnt for things called make-up and that type off stuff :wall:

Any case the day started awesome I mean im in Kruger whats better?Well the day ended in serious worries as you will find out in the next installment.BTW I entered the park with half full tank.

After a nice long drive we checked in at Skukuza in our safari tent and we got a nice one next to the fence kinda on its own. On the way to Skukuza we saw some general game including 4 rhino sightings and a few ellies and a buff or 2. Enjoy the pics :thumbs_up:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]